Mt Rainier

I’m a total newb to Mt Rainier and i don’t have much time to read all papers around
I’ve tried using the soft given with my drive (liteon 40125S flashed to 48125W), incd but after formatting the cd-rw, windows gives an error message saying that there is no cd in the drive. I’ve uninstalled it and tried directcd but i can’t find the option to format the cd to Mt rainier. Tell me what to do

I’m assuming that if the software came with your drive, it’s the basic version. A quick check at Roxio’ site shows that the model you flashed to is supported by a later version (5.1g) of ECDC and Direct CD than the one that supports your original drive version (5.1b.) Either download and install the latest basic version from Roxio’s site:

http://www.roxio.com

purchase the upgrade to ECDC Deluxe and upgrade to the latest version or flash back to your original firmware.

Originally posted by 4nik8
I’m a total newb to Mt Rainier and i don’t have much time to read all papers around
I’ve tried using the soft given with my drive (liteon 40125S flashed to 48125W), incd but after formatting the cd-rw, windows gives an error message saying that there is no cd in the drive. I’ve uninstalled it and tried directcd but i can’t find the option to format the cd to Mt rainier. Tell me what to do

I have version 5.3.1.152

Which version of Windows?
See if this reference concerning low and high filters helps:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/ecdc/kb_articles.html#9

I have version 5.3.1.152

It’s win2k sp3

You might try the “filters” fix. This worked on my wife’s machine when it would constantly lose the CD drive. Backup your registry first, of course. When I first upgraded from basic to platinum, ECDC also reported no compatible drive found. ROxio support directed me to a util called something like “force” something or other which did the trick. You also might try the sp4 version. Aside from that, I’m out of ideas. If none of this works, you might try Roxio support or their discussion groups. Good luck.

It’s win2k sp3