MSI MS-8348 Wont read disks in windows! Works fine in DOS

vbimport

I have a MSI CD-RW MS-8348 with Firmware Version, 150D, and am using Win2k Pro. Drive is on Secondary as Master with DMA enabled.

This burner used to work no prob… Problem I am having is it will no longer work in Windows, the burner is recognized. But when I put a CD in the drive you can hear it spool up, and down as if it was searching the disk, but nothing ever loads… I have tried data / music / retail software or game CD’s and nothing. If I right click on the drive and click explore / open I get the msg, Please insert disk!

I created 2 boot CD’s… Norton Ghost 2003 / Win 98 boot disk… to test the unit in DOS. Both CD’s boot just fine, and I am able to navigate though any directories on the CD’s. But again the same disks will not load in windows. If I right click on the drive and click explore / open I get the msg, Please insert disk!

I plan on upgrading my Firmware to 160D tonight… but wanted to know if you had any idea whats causing the problem.

I also have a PX-712A :bow: but currently pulled it from my case so I can try and resolve the MSI CD-RW MS-8348 issue.

Please HELP!

Bump… Need Help!