MS Outlook archive information

i want to save all emails on my laptop. so i was thinking to use Msoutlook for saving. now i want to know if i use archivefeature of Ms outlook then will it save email attachments also on local drive ???

[QUOTE=zshan000;2469670]i want to save all emails on my laptop. so i was thinking to use Msoutlook for saving. now i want to know if i use archivefeature of Ms outlook then will it save email attachments also on local drive ???[/QUOTE]

Yes it will :slight_smile: If you use the Archive option, it will create a local (PST) file with all the e-mail and attachments in it.

If you have loads of e-mail be sure to use multiple archive files, since they can grow very big. You can add new archive files in the menu bar in Outlook.

Hope this helps!

thanks mate :smiley: … well i have dedicated 20 gb of space for archive :slight_smile: … i think now i will not need multiple archives files (multiple *.pst files)…

but i just noticed one thing … my hotmail storage says i have used 148 mb of space but my archive is of only 130 mb … is that strange ??? i have not used compact feature of ms outlook also … any one like to comment on this ???:confused:

[QUOTE=zshan000;2469916]well i have dedicated 20 gb of space for archive :slight_smile: … i think now i will not need multiple archives files (multiple *.pst files)…[/QUOTE]

Well you could use multiple PST files just for security. If everything is in 1 file, and that file gets broken/corrupt, you loose everything. I have a new PST file for every new year. Older files I hardly look in and it keeps my file size a bit lower.

However, with only a few hundred MBs, you will be safe with 1 file.

[QUOTE=zshan000;2469916]but i just noticed one thing … my hotmail storage says i have used 148 mb of space but my archive is of only 130 mb … is that strange ??? i have not used compact feature of ms outlook also … any one like to comment on this ???:confused:[/QUOTE]

Don’t know! Maybe hotmail estimates the storage size differently? Or standard Outlook has a better way of storing the data on the filesystem… no idea :slight_smile: