Mr Woodcock

vbimport

I used AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 & CloneDVDVersion: 2.9.1.5. Has anyone had trouble viewing the Special Features(Deleted alternate scenes). I can succesfully play the movie, but when I select Play all or individually select a title to play. it acts like it wants to try and play,(screen goes black)but it just goes back to the screen where I came from(where I had selected to play). I have contacted Slysoft support but they weren’t much help. I had provided the various Log files they requested, but they didn’t offer any assistance to help resolve this.

When using Clonedvd, I’m selecting the Clone DVD option. When Looking at the next screen 'Title Configuration",DVD-5 is selected, while quality is 100%. When click Go to begin, it shows the process starts, but also says Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled.

It appears that all the files are not being copied(ripped). When viewing the Source DVD contents thru windows explorer for the video_ts folder,it shows 12 gb, while looking at the ripped files on the hard drive for the Video_ts folder it’s 4.19gb. I had also provided these to support

There are several file size differences, beginning with VTS_04,VTS_05,VTS_06, etc. The biggest difference appears that the ripped files stop with VTS_16, while the source DVD goes up to VTS_17. Also strange is that there are 3 entries for VTS_17_0.IFO. Log file of the complete CloneDVD process, from beginning to burn were also provided to their support.

I realize the size differences may be due to some different type of copy protection etc…, or may just be unneeded files but it seems odd, but it also may be the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

[QUOTE=teach2471;1998890]I used AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 & CloneDVDVersion: 2.9.1.5. Has anyone had trouble viewing the Special Features(Deleted alternate scenes). I can succesfully play the movie, but when I select Play all or individually select a title to play. it acts like it wants to try and play,(screen goes black)but it just goes back to the screen where I came from(where I had selected to play). I have contacted Slysoft support but they weren’t much help. I had provided the various Log files they requested, but they didn’t offer any assistance to help resolve this.

When using Clonedvd, I’m selecting the Clone DVD option. When Looking at the next screen 'Title Configuration",DVD-5 is selected, while quality is 100%. When click Go to begin, it shows the process starts, but also says Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled.

It appears that all the files are not being copied(ripped). When viewing the Source DVD contents thru windows explorer for the video_ts folder,it shows 12 gb, while looking at the ripped files on the hard drive for the Video_ts folder it’s 4.19gb. I had also provided these to support

There are several file size differences, beginning with VTS_04,VTS_05,VTS_06, etc. The biggest difference appears that the ripped files stop with VTS_16, while the source DVD goes up to VTS_17. Also strange is that there are 3 entries for VTS_17_0.IFO. Log file of the complete CloneDVD process, from beginning to burn were also provided to their support.

I realize the size differences may be due to some different type of copy protection etc…, or may just be unneeded files but it seems odd, but it also may be the issue.

Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

What kinda burner do you have and what media types are you using and also what is your burn speed? Also does the source itself play properly??

coolcolors,

I don’t believe it’s media related, because just playing the ripped files from using either AnyDVD or CloneDVD, on the hard drive also has the same issue. I’ve tried burning with Philips, Lite-on dvd burners.
I’ve used various media ranging from Verbatim, Ricoh, Imation. Even though the burners can burn faster, I drop the speed down to 4X.

The source can play just fine.

As I mentioned in my original post, maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Looking at the ripped files from AnyDVD or CloneDVD on the Hard drive as well as the result DVD burned from within CloneDVD show the same file size differences.

Comparing the ripped files against the source, there are several file size differences, beginning with VTS_04,VTS_05,VTS_06, etc. The biggest difference appears that the ripped files stop with VTS_16, while the source DVD goes up to VTS_17. Also strange is
that there are 3 entries for VTS_17_0.IFO.

Also, as I mentioned previously, when ripping & also Burning the source DVD via CloneDVd, When using Clonedvd, I’m selecting the Clone DVD option. When Looking at the next screen 'Title Configuration",DVD-5 is selected, while quality is 100%. When click Go to begin, it shows the process starts, but also says Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled.

That seems a little suspect, as it appears that no transcoding is needed. The source DVD is 12 GB, while the ripped & burned contents is 4.19GB

Hello teach,
How are you today?

Thank you for posting this problem.
It was going to be my first post last week.
:bigsmile:

You are not alone.

I had the EXACT same issue & results…
using the newest versions of both AnyDVD & CloneDVD2.

But I noticed that when all of the source files are selected…
it is 76 files with an actual total of 22.8 GB’s !!!
:eek:

I prepared 8 pix.
From beginning to end.
Here are 3 attached.

Any further suggestions?
Write back soon.
Cheers,
HOFT

This title is no problem for AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5, make sure you have the latest versions, there were many badly pressed source discs with this title, maybe you should take yours back and try another.:iagree: Where did you download your version of CloneDVD2?

[QUOTE=alan1476;2000050]This title is no problem for AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.5, make sure you have the latest versions, there were many badly pressed source discs with this title, maybe you should take yours back and try another.:iagree: Where did you download your version of CloneDVD2?[/QUOTE]

I can copy/play the main movie just fine. The problem seems to be trying to play the Special Features - Deleted scenes. I downloaded CloneDVD2, via slysofts website when I was notified of an update. It seems like all the files are not getting ripped properly.
I’ve tried ripping to hard drive via AnyDVD as well as CloneDVD2. Same results.
I guess the " Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled" is also a bit odd when burning via CloneDVD2.

Yes, I have those versions. I thought I had mentioned that in my initial post.

[QUOTE=teach2471;2000069]I can copy/play the main movie just fine. The problem seems to be trying to play the Special Features - Deleted scenes. I downloaded CloneDVD2, via slysofts website when I was notified of an update. It seems like all the files are not getting ripped properly.
I’ve tried ripping to hard drive via AnyDVD as well as CloneDVD2. Same results.
I guess the " Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled" is also a bit odd when burning via CloneDVD2.

Yes, I have those versions. I thought I had mentioned that in my initial post.[/QUOTE]

So if were reading it right on the source dvd it will play just fine and go to the special features and play those fine as well from the source dvd…right?? Are you trying using blank dvd9 or blank dvd5 media to copy your dvd?? If your using dvd5 and it fits onto that you can just use clonedvd to make a copy of your dvd from dvd5 to blank dvd5 media…?? Plus you should uncheck notify of updates you can do that manually yourself…Usually “Target size sufficent, transcoder disabled” means your source media was of equal size to your blank media your copying to and it didn’t need to compress ie as going from dvd9 to dvd5…instead its going from dvd9 to dvd9 or dvd5 to dvd5 so it didnt need to compress to fit the media…

[QUOTE=HOFT;2000029]Hello teach,
How are you today?

Thank you for posting this problem.
It was going to be my first post last week.
:bigsmile:

You are not alone.

I had the EXACT same issue & results…
using the newest versions of both AnyDVD & CloneDVD2.

But I noticed that when all of the source files are selected…
it is 76 files with an actual total of 22.8 GB’s !!!
:eek:

I prepared 8 pix.
From beginning to end.
Here are 3 attached.

Any further suggestions?
Write back soon.
Cheers,
HOFT[/QUOTE]

It’s fine and all to just rip the movie buy why do that when you can just compress or copy the same format as dvd9 to dvd9 media??? Since you already have Clonedvd you can just compress it from dvd9 to dvd5…and still have all the features of the dvd9 media just you loose a little bit in screen quality but I used dvd5 for dvd9 media and I can live with the dvd5 format…

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2000330]So if were reading it right on the source dvd it will play just fine and go to the special features and play those fine as well from the source dvd…right?? Are you trying using blank dvd9 or blank dvd5 media to copy your dvd?? If your using dvd5 and it fits onto that you can just use clonedvd to make a copy of your dvd from dvd5 to blank dvd5 media…?? Plus you should uncheck notify of updates you can do that manually yourself…Usually “Target size sufficent, transcoder disabled” means your source media was of equal size to your blank media your copying to and it didn’t need to compress ie as going from dvd9 to dvd5…instead its going from dvd9 to dvd9 or dvd5 to dvd5 so it didnt need to compress to fit the media…[/QUOTE]

Yes the source DVD can play the Movie & Special Features fine. I’m using Blank dvd5 media. I have tried just ripping it via AnyDVD as well as CloneDVD2 to the hard drive only, as well as burning via CloneDVD2, but still have the same results. Regardless of what method I use to rip the DVD(AnyDVD or CloneDVD2), I can play the movie just fine, but not the Special Features. This is happening when trying to play the ripped movie on the hard drive as well as the burned DVD.

Regarding ““Target size sufficent, transcoder disabled” means your source media was of equal size to your blank media your copying to and it didn’t need to compress ie as going from dvd9 to dvd5…instead its going from dvd9 to dvd9 or dvd5 to dvd5 so it didnt need to compress to fit the media.”

That’s what’s really odd. Because when viewing the video_ts folder of the Source DVD through windows explorer is 12 GB, while the ripped hard drive (as well as burned) contents is 4.19GB. In CloneDVD2, I’m selecting the Clone DVD option. When Looking at the next screen 'Title Configuration",DVD-5 is selected, while quality is 100%. So it seems that all is not being copied.
Thru AnyDVD, I’m choosing Rip Video DVD to harddisk.

it appears they are now aware and are going to possibly address this issue…

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=13676

:clap:

[QUOTE=HOFT;2002752]it appears they are now aware and are going to possibly address this issue…

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=13676

:clap:[/QUOTE]

I’m glad they’re finally going to look at it, instead of just giving the run around. :iagree:

Yes it is nice I took the time to test it and see and say yes there is a problem for the company as well.