Mpg to vob software

vbimport

Can anyone recommend a mpg to vob converter that works in Win7, I want to convert mpg to vob regardless of the size(within reason!) of the mpg file, thereafter use dvdshrink to resize to exactly 4.7gb …thanks

If the mpeg files are already compliant to dvd-video standards, then you can import them into a dvd authoring program like DVDStyler and get a finished dvd. DVDStyler will also reencode them if they are [B]not[/B] compliant, but in that case, I would use AVStoDVD instead, since I prefer the HC mpeg encoder that it uses. These two programs are free to use.

Both can produce a dvd small enough to fit onto a blank single layer dvd without having to run it through DVDShrink. The output will be about 4.3gb, which is the actual amount of data you can put on a nominal 4.7gb dvd.

Many thanks, I have captured some vhs tapes to hdd with vc100u, ending up with 6+ gbs, cannot accurately reduce with Showbiz dvd2, so wanted to convert the 6+gbs to vob & reduce accurately in dvdshrink - do the programs you mention do a straight convert to vob or do they automatically reduce to fit to 4.3gbs? your help is much appreciated

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2518915]If the mpeg files are already compliant to dvd-video standards, then you can import them into a dvd authoring program like DVDStyler and get a finished dvd. DVDStyler will also reencode them if they are [B]not[/B] compliant, but in that case, I would use AVStoDVD instead, since I prefer the HC mpeg encoder that it uses. These two programs are free to use.

Both can produce a dvd small enough to fit onto a blank single layer dvd without having to run it through DVDShrink. The output will be about 4.3gb, which is the actual amount of data you can put on a nominal 4.7gb dvd.[/QUOTE]

Both programs can reduce the size of your mpeg files to fit onto a single layer dvd. Look in Options and set the output to DVD-5.

I recommend AVStoDVD for this process. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

Make certain to set the program up properly for your country’s video standard. The US uses NTSC standards for dvds, most of the rest of the world uses PAL. You’ll find that setting in Preferences.

If you have separate videos that you want to access independently, you can make a menu with AVStoDVD so that you can select them, but a menu is not mandatory.

many thanks