MPG Indexing

vbimport

Hi All

I hope this is the right forum to post this question. I have got a bunch of music videos in MPEG format. What I am looking to do is to burn these to a DVD or CD (thats the easy part) but what I cant seem to work out is how to create an index so that I can make my DVD player go straight to track 20 using the remote. Right now if I just burn to the disk my player comes up with a standard menu which only shows the first 6 tracks.

Any help in doing this would be greatly appriciated.

Coops

P.S If this is the wrong forum for this question please feel free to move it over…thanks

Author the mpegs in a good app like DVDLab.

Yeah, you need an authoring app. Two more: TDA (TMPGEnc DVD Author) and DVDauthorGUI (free but more difficult). Good luck.

Thank you

Well I am half way there. Using DVDLab I have managed to add 3 mpegs and have them link to follow one after another and to start to play when I put the disk in, but I still haven’t worked out how to create an index for each track, any help or guides here would be greatly appriciated

Coops

Try this: http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?link=602

I suggest first joining them all to one mpeg2 file. Then add chapter points to each track in the authoring application.

One great software to join different mpeg2-files (demuxed to elementary streams) is mpeg2schnitt.