MPEGs to DVD so they play on standalones

I’ve missed finding what we’re using to make up the other necessary fles to get the mpeg files onto a DVD do they’ll play on a standalone, etc.

Is there any freeware that compiles the BUP, IFO, VIDEO_TS files for the mpegs I’ve made?

I can use DVDDecrypter/ImgBurn/DVDShrink, but for some DVD’s I end up wth just the MPEG file, which I can force their playback on pc, but they obviously need the other files that make up the VIDEO_TS folder.

Just looking for the basics on my DVD’s, chaptering’s nice and I think either one of mentioned burning app’s do it anyway, so it seems there’s freeware out there to compile the VIDEO_TS files?

DVDFlick is a free option I’ve seen recommended here, you may like to try that. :slight_smile:

Thanks ever so much.

Sure like this forum. Great response time, and nice webmastering as here if your log-on has timed out, our “post reply” clicks and 're-log-on’s get you straight back to the reply window.

If your mpeg files are already in dvd compliant form—correct resolution, frame rate, correct audio—you don’t have to reencode it. In that case, all you would need would be a free authoring program. DVDStyler is a free one you might be able to use.

If they aren’t already compliant, then they will have to be reencoded, and the program Arachne recommended is a free one that will do this for you.

To check the mpeg files for their specifications, you can use a free utility called Gspot. And if you want to know what specifications are required for dvd video, you should look at this page at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvd_video
PAL specs are for most of the world, but in the US we use NTSC.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou for the kind words, and you’re welcome :)…hope the software works for you, as I’ve not tried it (I use ConvertXtoDVD, sadly not freeware).

Oops. Meant to say seeking freeware that will make up the VIDEO_TS files to compliment my already stored vob’s.

Annnnd, since the vob’s are DVD compliant, realized that DVDFlick seems just what I was looking for…

becaaaause, I simply chgd the xtn’s to mpg and writing iso now. Expecting it’s going to do what I needed.

[QUOTE=urrguru;2030475]Annnnd, since the vob’s are DVD compliant, realized that DVDFlick seems just what I was looking for…

[B]becaaaause, I simply chgd the xtn’s to mpg and[/B] writing iso now. Expecting it’s going to do what I needed.[/QUOTE]

Oh oh, what english… :confused:

Probably texting from his mobile :wink:

Ah. :wink: