MPEG Video Wizard - fixing out of sync files

vbimport

Is there a “How to” on this somewhere? I’ve got a recording of a school concert that is out of sync very noticeably at the stage where my son appears, and I want to correct it!

Thanks!

I did do one on the old forum but it’s hard to find now. It’s quite easy though.

Launch WVW. From the main toolbar, hit “tools” (7th button) then choose “MPEG systems demultiplexer”. Browse to your filename and select. The program will automatically generate files for you with mpv and mpa extensions (the video and audio parts of the file). Click save (red button). Now you have two seperate files for video and audio. Close the demultiplexing tool.

In the project Window, ensure the files tab is selected and that “video” is selected.

Right-click in the pane and click “import”. Navigate to your MPV file. Once imported and you can see it as an icon in the project pane, drag it to the topmost of the 4 bars in the “timeline”. Make sure it’s as far to the left as it can go (click and drag left to make sure).

Now click on “Audio” in the project pane and import the audio (MPA) file in the same manner. Drag this file to the third bar down on the timeline. Again, make sure it’s as far left as it can go.

Now you need to delay either the audio or video by the correct amount. Right-click either the audio or video depending on which you want to delay, then choose “location and duration”, in time format choose “second”, then in the “location” box type a value to reflect how much delay you want, for example 0.1000 would be 1/10 of a second.

If you then click ok you can preview in the second screen to make sure that the audio is synchronised, if not go back and adjust the “location” value. When it’s correct click save and the new, synchronised file will be created.

–Loob.

Thanks Loobs, I will give it a try!

Well, I tried it and it’s worked thanks very much!

One further question - is it possible to do small segments of files like this? Do I set markers for in and out positions or something like that?

I haven’t tried that, but I imagine you could do. If not, you can just chop up the file, resync the parts you want, then put it all back together.

–Loob.

I think you can simplify all this. In the first instance with your out-of-sync video on the video timeline, select it, right click to copy it, left click on the audio time line then right click to paste it. You now have the audio separated. Right click the top (video) line, select audio and mute. You can then slide the audio time-line to resync it.

To resync sections of audio from the entire video, simply use the scissors tool to select the sequence in question and copy and paste this segment using the technique above.

[QUOTE=Loobster]I did do one on the old forum but it’s hard to find now. It’s quite easy though.

Launch WVW. From the main toolbar, hit “tools” (7th button) then choose “MPEG systems demultiplexer”. Browse to your filename and select. The program will automatically generate files for you with mpv and mpa extensions (the video and audio parts of the file). Click save (red button). Now you have two seperate files for video and audio. Close the demultiplexing tool.

In the project Window, ensure the files tab is selected and that “video” is selected.

I would like to know what this is short forWVW and if you know where I can get this program. Thanks Lobster

What is the name and where can I get this program WVW

Errr…

WVW = Womble Video Wizard = MPEG Video Wizard = the program this thread is all about…