Mpeg video file that wont play on any player!

I have downloaded two video files on mpeg of the 1979 concert “a gift of song” for the UNICEF where several famous artists performed, but i can’t make it to work, i have tried with several players on my pc but it won’t work. I open the file and after 3 or 4 seconds the player just closes down. Does anyone know something about it? I have tried with the WMP 11, the classic wmp, VLC media player, POWER DVD, WINAMP, etc I have eve tried to open it with the Adobe premier 1.5 but nothing happens. It just freezes. Please give me a clue about what could it be happening.

Open the files with Gspot video utility, or MediaInfo and check to see their specifications (resolution, codec used, frame rate, etc.) Post back with that information. If they are mpeg1, then there are a few methods to repair them listed over at videohelp.com : http://www.videohelp.com/faq#repairmpg

If it is mpeg2, you might try the Quickstream Fix tool that is included with VideoReDo Plus. VideoReDo is not a free program, but there is a fully functional trial available for download.

It may be that your download was badly corrupted and nothing will open them successfully, but start off with Gspot or MediaInfo.