MPEG 4 To Standard DVD Free Ripping Software

vbimport

Where can I find a Free Software to Rip a MPEG 4 to a Standard DVD? I Havent been on here in a long time! Got help here bfore! Hope I posted this to where it might go for help! Thanks

If you mean convert to a standard DVD format, vob files, either of these two

http://www.dvdflick.net/

If you just want to convert to mpeg2 something like Format Factory or Avidemux will work.

Whappo’s got your answers, but thought I’d stick my oar in here too.

I prefer AVS to DVD for this type of conversion to dvd-video. Mostly because you can select the HCenc encoder in that program. Use a two pass encode with HCenc to get the best results.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2640726]Whappo’s got your answers, but thought I’d stick my oar in here too.

I prefer AVS to DVD for this type of conversion to dvd-video. Mostly because you can select the HCenc encoder in that program. Use a two pass encode with HCenc to get the best results.[/QUOTE]

Is the AVS to DVD Free? I only have one Disc to Convert & might not ever have another one to convert! It would b a waste of money to buy and not use it again! This is a Music Video Disc that I want to convert from MPEG 4 To Standard DVD! Thanks

[QUOTE=Whappo;2640722]If you mean convert to a standard DVD format, vob files, either of these two

If you just want to convert to mpeg2 something like Format Factory or Avidemux will work.[/QUOTE]

Another Q! I also have a MP3 DVD Rom Disc that I would also like to Convert to Standard DVD or CD! Will these softwares work as well? I wonder if it could b Converted to a CD Disc instead of DVD! It has Music on the Disc & Background Animation! This Disc I just want the Music Converted to a Wav file! The First Disc is a MPEG 4 that Is a Music Video Disc that I want to Convert to Standad DVD! Thanks Again!

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2640774]Is the AVS to DVD Free? I only have one Disc to Convert & might not ever have another one to convert! It would b a waste of money to buy and not use it again! This is a Music Video Disc that I want to convert from MPEG 4 To Standard DVD! Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that link. It was an automatic one that I didn’t intend. I’ve edited my reply now. The link you should use is the one that Whappo gave you: https://sites.google.com/site/avstodvdmain/
This software is free to use.

If you need any help setting it up for this project, feel free to ask in this thread. The program can use two different encoders, so it might not choose HC automatically for your project.

Don’t know about converting the MP3 DVD Rom disc, as it is not something I have done. I doubt either Flick or AVS to DVD would work unless it is in a video format of some sort.

I’ve never had one of the MP3 DVD Rom disc either .
I would give Audacity a try for the conversion of this to a .wav file.
You need to DL & setup the LAME & FFmpeg libraries .
It is possible you might need to rip it to the hard drive for it to work.
If I had one to test with I would give it a try but I don’t .
To make sure AVStoDVD uses HCEnc & the Audio you want .
Select > Title>Add Title
It will probably ask to Index if it does select Yes.
Once it is in the Window R.click on the Title & "Edit Title"
In “Video” uncheck "  Auto Video Setup ".
Select " HCenc VBR 2-pass " & do the settings below that as you need.
In "Audio " uncheck " Auto Audio Setup " & " Keep DVD Compliant Audio " only if you need to make changes . Otherwise just let it Auto the .AC3 .
Then OK.
@ Kerry56 you have used AVStoDVD a lot more than I have .
Which AC3 audio encoder do you choose in Preferences Audio ?

[QUOTE=cholla;2640795]
Which AC3 audio encoder do you choose in Preferences Audio ?[/QUOTE]

I leave it on Wavi + Aften for most encodes.

Back when I was trying to convert blu ray in AVStoDVD, this setting would implode quite often when trying to work with DTS HD MA audio, so I tried switching to Ffmpeg, which almost worked. I finally just switched to BD Rebuilder entirely for working with blu ray sources.

The author of AVStoDVD doesn’t recommend QuEnc for conversion to AC3, and only put it in to satisfy someone’s request. Don’t know why they needed it in the first place, but it is the one encoder in the list I would completely avoid.

[QUOTE=cholla;2640795]I’ve never had one of the MP3 DVD Rom disc either .
I would give Audacity a try for the conversion of this to a .wav file.
You need to DL & setup the LAME & FFmpeg libraries .
It is possible you might need to rip it to the hard drive for it to work.
If I had one to test with I would give it a try but I don’t .
To make sure AVStoDVD uses HCEnc & the Audio you want .
Select > Title>Add Title
It will probably ask to Index if it does select Yes.
Once it is in the Window R.click on the Title & "Edit Title"
In “Video” uncheck "  Auto Video Setup ".
Select " HCenc VBR 2-pass " & do the settings below that as you need.
In "Audio " uncheck " Auto Audio Setup " & " Keep DVD Compliant Audio " only if you need to make changes . Otherwise just let it Auto the .AC3 .
Then OK.
Which AC3 audio encoder do you choose in Preferences Audio ?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Already had Audacity & it did the job conversion! Now have to download the free prgram to convert MPEG4 Video to Standard DVD!

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2640777]Another Q! I also have a MP3 DVD Rom Disc that I would also like to Convert to Standard DVD or CD! Will these softwares work as well? I wonder if it could b Converted to a CD Disc instead of DVD! It has Music on the Disc & Background Animation! This Disc I just want the Music Converted to a Wav file! The First Disc is a MPEG 4 that Is a Music Video Disc that I want to Convert to Standad DVD! Thanks Again![/QUOTE]

I think you need to read the basics about disc formats and their usage first.

You seem to mix up CD and DVD and even more their supported usable formats… read up the BASICS first.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2640722]If you mean convert to a standard DVD format, vob files, either of these two

If you just want to convert to mpeg2 something like Format Factory or Avidemux will work.[/QUOTE]

I have a disc I recorded with Windows Movie Maker on Windows XP! It’s in High Mat! Will one of these Softwares Convert it as well to Standard DVD? Thanks

I have WMM on Vista but I’ve only used it very little.
I Googled High Mat . If the information is correct the
CD should have a High Mat folder containing a .WMV file .
The .WMV file should be the A/V . Both AVStoDVD & DVDFlick
can convert the .WMV file.
I suggest you copy the .WMV file from the CD to your hard drive & test play it .
VLC or WMP should play it.
If it plays OK then either software above should do the conversion.

I use Format Factory as a last resort but it can sometimes do a conversion when other software doesn’t . I just think its quality is less.

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2641181]I have a disc I recorded with Windows Movie Maker on Windows XP! It’s in High Mat! Will one of these Softwares Convert it as well to Standard DVD? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I have an older second computer that has XP Pro SP3 .
It has the older version of Windows Movie Maker you used.
It is the only version that uses the “High MAT” format .
I did as I instructed above :
The .wmv file wasn’t in the “High MAT” folder . Nothing of much use was inside it. The .wmv file was outside the folder.
I copied it to the hard drive .
I then used AVStoDVD to convert it to Standard DVD .
I did the same with DVDFlick.
Both worked but the AVStoDVD conversion looked better to me.
I burned it to a DVD -RW with ImgBurn & tested it in my standalone LG .
It played fine.

[QUOTE=cholla;2641317]I have an older second computer that has XP Pro SP3 .
It has the older version of Windows Movie Maker you used.
It is the only version that uses the “High MAT” format .
I did as I instructed above :
The .wmv file wasn’t in the “High MAT” folder . Nothing of much use was inside it. The .wmv file was outside the folder.
I copied it to the hard drive .
I then used AVStoDVD to convert it to Standard DVD .
I did the same with DVDFlick.
Both worked but the AVStoDVD conversion looked better to me.
I burned it to a DVD -RW with ImgBurn & tested it in my standalone LG .
It played fine.[/QUOTE]
I got it copied to the drive! Opened it up in AVS TO DVD! Started it then I got a pop up sayn FPS! Frames per Second! How do I need to do that! Kinda stumped now! Thanks

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2641337]I got it copied to the drive! Opened it up in AVS TO DVD! Started it then I got a pop up sayn FPS! Frames per Second! How do I need to do that! Kinda stumped now! Thanks[/QUOTE]

Thought I had it done with DVD Flick & Image Burn! Put it n my DVD Player & it said didnt support that type of Disc! I just used a Blank CDR instead of a Blank DVD! Guess I need help setting up DVD Flick & AVS To DVD! Thanks

I used a CD RW for the WMM slide show in High MAT.
I used a DVD -RW when I burned the AVStoDVD conversion .
I didn’t get any FPS warnings.
The FPS on the .WMV file are 30 .
The FPS on the DVD .vob is 29.97 .
I checked the files with MediaInfo .

If the .wmv loads OK when you “add title” in AVStoDVD ,
Right click on the WMV file in the “Source Titles " window .
Select " View Title Info”.
That will have the FPS of the .WMV file.
You might also try to “Preview title output” to see how the .wmv plays in AVStoDVD.

To make sure you did use only the .wmv file in the conversion attempt ?

I haven’t tried to burn DVD compliant files to a CD . I’ve read about this but never saw the point of doing it with DVD discs as cheap as they are.
If that is what you want to do someone with experience in VCD/SVCD will need to help.

DVDFlick is usually easier to use than AVStoDVD . You might want to try it first again.
In “Project settings” Burning uncheck " Burn project to disc " so it doesn’t automatically burn to disc.
Make sure Menu is “None” .
Other than that let everything run as default for you first attempt.
Then check to see how the VIDEO_TS folder plays in VLC player .

For my test .wmv AVStoDVD produced a better video quality.
I’m sure this is due to it using HCEnc . It is a lot slower though.

[QUOTE=cholla;2641409]I used a CD RW for the WMM slide show in High MAT.
I used a DVD -RW when I burned the AVStoDVD conversion .
I didn’t get any FPS warnings.
The FPS on the .WMV file are 30 .
The FPS on the DVD .vob is 29.97 .
I checked the files with MediaInfo .

If the .wmv loads OK when you “add title” in AVStoDVD ,
Right click on the WMV file in the “Source Titles " window .
Select " View Title Info”.
That will have the FPS of the .WMV file.
You might also try to “Preview title output” to see how the .wmv plays in AVStoDVD.

To make sure you did use only the .wmv file in the conversion attempt ?

I haven’t tried to burn DVD compliant files to a CD . I’ve read about this but never saw the point of doing it with DVD discs as cheap as they are.
If that is what you want to do someone with experience in VCD/SVCD will need to help.

DVDFlick is usually easier to use than AVStoDVD . You might want to try it first again.
In “Project settings” Burning uncheck " Burn project to disc " so it doesn’t automatically burn to disc.
Make sure Menu is “None” .
Other than that let everything run as default for you first attempt.
Then check to see how the VIDEO_TS folder plays in VLC player .

For my test .wmv AVStoDVD produced a better video quality.
I’m sure this is due to it using HCEnc . It is a lot slower though.[/QUOTE]

I never could get AVS TO DVD to work! However I did get DVD to work! The Video I made with Windows Movie Maker with HighMat wasnt the clearest when I converted it! My camera at the time wasnt the best! I converted one MPEG4 Music Video File Converterd & it looked good with DVD Flick! Question is now how do I put more that one Video on the disc? It has about 24 Videos on it! Might have to use two discs to get them all since they will be in Standard Video format & not compressed! Have a good 4th tomorow! Thanks

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2641528]I never could get AVS TO DVD to work! [/QUOTE]
It is worth the effort to learn to use .

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2641528]
However I did get DVD Flick to work! [/QUOTE]
It is a good software & easier to learn .

The Video I made with Windows Movie Maker with HighMat wasn’t the clearest when I converted it! [/QUOTE]
In Project settings/Video/Encoding set to “Best” .
That should give you the best DVDFlick can do .

Question is now how do I put more that one Video on the disc?[/QUOTE]
I have put 48 .FLVs from YouTube converted with DVD Flick to DVD compliant format on a SL DVD . Just keep "adding title ".
There is a vertical bar on the left that gives finished size estimate.
Note this is not always accurate either direction. But it is a guide of a sort.

It has about 24 Videos on it! Might have to use two discs to get them all since they will be in Standard Video format & not compressed! [/QUOTE]
Covered above but the size each added title is what matters. The larger they are the less you can put in DVD Flick & keep the conversion to a SL size.
The .FLVs I used were music videos & ranged in size from 5MB to 18MB .
When you do this you will want to use a menu . At least I did.

Have a good 4th tomorrow! [/QUOTE]

Back at you. Have a good 4th !

Either SUPER, DVDFlick or xmediarecode will do that all for free…

[QUOTE=cholla;2641573]It is worth the effort to learn to use .

It is a good software & easier to learn .

In Project settings/Video/Encoding set to “Best” .
That should give you the best DVDFlick can do .

I have put 48 .FLVs from YouTube converted with DVD Flick to DVD compliant format on a SL DVD . Just keep "adding title ".
There is a vertical bar on the left that gives finished size estimate.
Note this is not always accurate either direction. But it is a guide of a sort.

Covered above but the size each added title is what matters. The larger they are the less you can put in DVD Flick & keep the conversion to a SL size.
The .FLVs I used were music videos & ranged in size from 5MB to 18MB .
When you do this you will want to use a menu . At least I did.

Back at you. Have a good 4th ![/QUOTE]

How do u put multiple videos in Image Burn to burn to one disc? Also do I leave the Audio in DVD Flick to Auto? Gracias