MPEG-1 to DivX

vbimport

I got some MPEG 1 movies on my hdd and I want to convert them to DivX to gain some space… how do I do this? I downloaded Flaskmpeg and I can make a lot of settings for the picture codes and quality and stuff, but I can’t set the audio format. I can choose Wav or WMA, but whatever I choose it automatically changes into WAV (44,1 16 stereo)… that results in a divx bigger then the original mpeg…!

So how am I going to do this…?

Use Nandub to convert the audio!!
Get is @ Gamefreak’s site!!

Can I use the sound from the mpeg stream in the divx movie? Does Nandub add the sound to the soundless divx?

If you have a soundfile and you’ve got a avi without sound which both have the same lenght, you can combine them using Nandub!

Just open the avi in Nandub and goto the audio tab and choose “wav audio…” and select the audiofile.
Then choose Direct Stream on both the audio and video tab and press F7 to save the new avi!

Originally posted by Wookie
If you have a soundfile and you’ve got a avi without sound which both have the same lenght, you can combine them using Nandub!
They don’t have to be the same length because you can delay (or forward) the audio… It sometimes happens that the extracted audio track is smaller than the video track (I had this once too: the audio was 1:38:38 and the video was 1:38:39 so I delayed it 1000ms)… Just for your information :slight_smile:

Ok, but most of the time when you’ve got numbers like you’re saying, with only 1 sec more or less, then it’s most likely so that these are infact almost the same but there somewhere wrong written.
(DUTCH: ik bedoel eigenlijk afgerond, maar weet dat ff nie in ut engels)