MPEG 1/2 to DVD+R

Hi All,

I have some cartoons that are saved as MPEG 1 on my computer and i would like to burn them to DVD to play for my daughter. I have Roxio and a PLextor DVD burner. I tried to burn it on a disc and got a warning that it might not work. Went ahead any way and ended up making a coaster.
Is there something I need to do to convert the file before burning?
Thanks in advance for the advice. I am a rookie with the DVD’s but generally competent with the computers and CD-R’s.
skeeter

Welcome, I use TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 to convert to the correct mpg2 format, TMPGEnc DVD Author to build the DVD Audio_TS and Video_TS folders, Then burn with Nero or another burning program. I would look through the tutorials here , there is alot of good stuff in them. :wink:

Sorry to bring this up out of the blue, but i am kind of new to dvd authoring myself.

Aint there a way to burn the mpg2 files directly without authoring them and have them still played in a standalone dvd player? Like UDF or something?

@hemispasm

if it is a dvd complaint mpeg2…just drop it in nero

“real” authoring is just needed if you put more movies with menu’s on it

To be more precise i ve used TPMGenc DVD Source Creator to make mpeg2 files out 3 avis i had. The whole idea is to burn 3 movies and make them fit into one DVD preserving the original quality of the avi files as much as possible.

So what do i do with the mpeg2 files? You say drop them in Nero? As UDF? As DVD-Video? Will it play in a standalone player?

I’d like to have some basic menu where i can pick which movie i want to play, nothing fancy.

Not familiar with TMPGEnc DVD source creator. Is that similar to TMPGEnc plus? Assuming it is and it creates DVD compliant mpegs If you use TMPGEnc DVD Author it will create a DVD with a menu.

They seem to belong to the same company

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

dont know if they do the same thing.

I will try DVD Author when i finish with the encoding (been encoding for the last 5h or so), thanx.

Originally posted by Hemispasm
[B]They seem to belong to the same company

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

dont know if they do the same thing.

I will try DVD Author when i finish with the encoding (been encoding for the last 5h or so), thanx. [/B]

Haven’t tried it but it looks to be based on TMPGEnc Plus. DVD Author works real well and I’ve never had a failed burn with it. :wink:

Hemi…mm…think i was wrong.
I think you need the dvd mpeg2 plugin to drop a mpeg2 in nero.

TMPGenc en TMPG dvd author are from the same company.
They both do great work…although TMPGenc is a bit slow compared to CCE or the mainconcept encoder.

IF you want 4 movies on a dvd…you better encode them to svcd, also mpeg2 and drop them in to DVDlab. Which is a very nice authoring program. And fast to learn

DVD Lab was an option too. Will try both ways and see which one satisfies my needs best.

Thanx for your help guys :slight_smile: