MPAA says film piracy is robbing American workers

snacks you got snacks can you get me a good deal on them I got the munches.

screamin’ & cryin’ bout the Blues

Well, this is a Farce of all Farces. The problem is not piracy. The problem is that the United States of Americia has sent hundreds if not millions of Jobs over seas since NAFTA went into effect. How many United States Citizens are working over seas in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Turkey, etc. to work for a fraction of their income could be in the United States. This outsourcing of jobs makes sense for companies for the lose-win fall of the market. Say for a person here making $10,000 in six months which includes training during that time for a total of $15,000. Say in Jamacia the same person makes $2,500 in six months and training of $1,500 to total $4,000. That is an $11,000 win fall and thus supports outsourcing of American Jobs. 60 billion in the US.

How many billions outside of the US is made by the MPAA for it to spend $430,000 to train ICE officals?

as to that it said in 3 months the MPAA spent $430,000.

How much of that money could have been spent to fund jobs in the MPAA itself inside the USA!

Your right Peterosesbookie it is serious problem and big business doesn’t see it at all.All they see is how can i squeeze more out of workers because they are dumb unimportant numbers.There’s more of them out there that will do it for less, but what do you do about it? Complain to your congressman -once they get in office they revert to screwing one guy to please another.I don’t know the answer I don’t have the money for layers to fight laws that should have been taken off the books years ago.And in this life you have to have some sense of humor to make the day.Good luck to you.

You know I understand how the MPAA feels. I feel robbed darn near every time I go to one of those crap movies they are producing in Hollywood.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2543171]Your right Peterosesbookie it is serious problem and big business doesn’t see it at all.All they see is how can i squeeze more out of workers because they are dumb unimportant numbers.There’s more of them out there that will do it for less, but what do you do about it? Complain to your congressman -once they get in office they revert to screwing one guy to please another.I don’t know the answer I don’t have the money for layers to fight laws that should have been taken off the books years ago.And in this life you have to have some sense of humor to make the day.Good luck to you.[/QUOTE]

IMO, you shouldn’t blame business for the loss of manufacturing jobs to other countries. Our government, at all levels, have become an anchor around the necks of business through excessive taxation and regulation. Then add in the lack of skilled workers to fill the jobs that are available and it is no surprise that businesses are leaving the country. The USA has the 2nd or 3rd highest corporate tax rates in the world. Then add the financial impacts of regulations (the newly passed health care bill is a good recent example) and it gets to the point that staying in the USA means bankruptcy is around the corner. If we want to keep manufacturing here at home then we need to level the playing field with countries like China, India, Korea, Brazil etc. If we don’t then these countries will eat our lunch in the upcoming decades. Our government (at all levels) is strangling the country’s economic engine.

Wait until the wealthy people decide to take their money out of the country instead of giving it to the government. Then we won’t be able to even think of seeing a movie. Then the MPAA will move overseas and make movies in foreign languages and we will be stuck reading subtitles or dubbed in English audio like they currently do in China, India etc. If you don’t think it will happen then you need to see the reality of our situation. We already have a good start on the process.