Mp4

vbimport

Can anyone tell me how to burn some mp4 media files please. I have nero7.

Can you supply a little more information about what you want to do. What type of files do you have, what do you want to use them with, what problems are you having?

I have some mpeg4 movie files dld’d from the web, 4 in all, that I want to put on a disc. This is all the info I can give you apart from they’re 174-176mb in size. ‘properties’ doesn’t tell me anything else.

I want to put them on a cd/dvd to watch on a dvd player

Try putting them into NeroVision 4 and make a DVD with them.

NeroVision 4 won’t recognize them

They must be a different type of file then, because Nero 7 does MP4. If you want to check, download one of their movie trailers and use it to play with.

I download podcasts all the time and use NV4 to make DVDs with them.

I assume you activated the software online (not necessarily purchased)?

Maybe Nero Recode would be able to read the files. You might try that and see if you can get some particulars about the file and how it is encoded.

Otherwise, why NV4 won’t recognize them, I don’t know.

Nero Vison or Nero Recode won’t convert mp4 to dvd video. I have tried that approach. I have many mp4 films. I created a MP4 file with Nero Recode and NV4 would not recognise it either. :sad:

I cannot understand why the MP4 files created by Nero Recode could not be converted back to dvd video by NV4. I have Nero 7.5.9.0 I have emailed Nero twice and have yet to recieve a reply.

I had to purchase a specific decoder/encoder program to create dvd video which will work on standalone dvd players. I bought ConvertMovie 4.4 which works very well.

Anybody willing to tell me where I could download one of the MP4 files you are having problems with???

Probably should try SUPER
seems to convert just about anything to anything…
(About the most powerful and useful free software I´ve ever seen)
This is what they say…

"SUPER © IS UNIVERSAL as it supports a wide variety of input/source file format to play or encode (to & from) without any additional third party software.
Supported input source file formats are:

• Video format: 3gp/3g2(Nokia,Siemens,Sony,Ericsson) asf, avi (DivX,H263,H263+,H264,XviD,MPEG4,MSmpeg4 etc…), dat,
    fli, flc, flv (used in Flash), mkv, mpg (Mpeg I,Mpeg II), mov(H263,H263+,H264,MPEG4 etc…), mp4(H263,H263+,H264,MPEG4), ogg,
    qt, rm, ram, rmvb, str (Play Station), swf (Flash), ts (HDTV), viv, vob, wmv
  • Audio format: aac, ac3, amr, mmf, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, ogg, ra, wav, wma
  • AviSynth Script Files: avs. Let you specify advanced encoding commands using AviSynth scripts!

SUPER © supports the conversion (encoding both ways, to & from ) of ALL the listed formats."

You’ll need Bit Torrent or something similar for this http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/821160/Silver_Surfer_TV_Episodes_1_4 and some patience too!

Just clicked your link [it does look good] but I’m getting ‘javascript error expected occurance’ when I try to dld.

Well, I just spent a couple of days trying to download the file you suggested :rolleyes: --it needs to be reseeded, since I could only get 99.1%. Of the 4 episodes, only [B]episode 1[/B] was bad and the rest had completed. I am now playing the .mp4 file in NeroVision 4 and it plays fine. I have now burned the video to an image file and it worked great!

If you can’t get any of the episodes to work, perhaps try loading them in a different way than you have tried in the past. If you are dragging and dropping, try using the Add Files dialogue, or vice versa. It does make a difference in some utilities.

kaloochi, Yes you can convert mp4 files to DVD format using Nero vision 4. What steps are you performing? Follow the below given steps:

Open Nero vision 4
Choose create DVD option.
Choose Add video files option
Locate your mp4 files (which should be stored somewhere on ur hard drive)
Select All supported formats type in the File Type drop down if ur mp4 can’t be located at ur specified location.
And here you go…so where is the problem?

In between please don’t mention the source of ur files (torrents etc) in the forum as these are illegal downloads!!!

I am not going mad, But just to reassure myself I went through these steps AGAIN and Nero vision 4 wont open them. I’ve set to all supported formats and I tried again with ‘mp4’ in the file types. Saltgrass you say you are playing the file in N vision, I’m a bit confused, N vision is for burning, N showtime is for watching, please would you clarify this. If you are burning the same files I have in N vision then something is wrong with my program.

Sorry, how do I create an image file, maybe thats a way round this.

Check your files and make sure they are not zero in size.

I am referring to NeroVision 4, and you can play the files on the edit page.

If you want to check NV4, download one of the movie trailers from the Nero site. They are mp4 and will work also in NV4. If they won’t work, then you do have a problem.

http://trailer.nerodigital.com/enu/index.html

My files are not zero in size. Could not navigate to page through your link but I found it anyway but was unable to download for some reason. This is rapidly descending into farce as I become more confused by the hour. I have emailed Nero to see what they have to say.and hopefully all will be revealed to me.

I had the same problem, finally solved it by using ConverXtoDVD software to convert the mp4 files (tv shows) to dvd…do it at bedtime, it takes a while :-), and when it’s done throw in a blank DVD and burn it directly from Conxtodvd. Mine came out perfectly. Someone posted not to burn from Conxtodvd for some reason (escapes me at the moment) but my experience was a-ok. If you don’t have that program I’m sure there are others (free) that will do the same thing. Just be prepared for the conversion process to take a few hours.