Mp4 to avi

vbimport

What is a good freeware mp4 to avi program?

This VideoHelp page lists a few freeware utilities that support the conversion of MP4 to AVI, such as the following:

If you are just looking for conversion to DivX, the “Dr. DivX” will probably do the trick as this tool mentions it supports MP4 as an input.

Another one worth trying is the utility ‘SUPER’. Despite its huge file package (since its bundled with various codecs), it seems to handle pretty much every common video codec, including the MPEG4 AVC codec and transport streams. However, one thing to watch out for is that a few user reviews mentioned about this causing WMV playback issues after installation, although this hasn’t happened with me.

SUPER from eRightSoft

Does everything except fetch beer. Free, easy to use, so at least worth a try.

SUPER from eRightSoft

Does everything except fetch beer. Free, easy to use, so at least worth a try.

Edit: Sorry…double posted due to a crashed connection…didn´t see it in time

I have dr divx, but sometimes it will encode mp4, and sometimes it will not. The error screen flash up so fast you can not see what it says. Do you know why sometimes it will not encode mp4.

I have been using xvideo convertor to change to avi format. It seems to work but the problem comes up when I try to play the file in my standalone dvd player which doesn’t recognize the audio and when I play the file in the dvr it gives error that the file is not supported which is odd because .avi files do play in both.

i just came across a program call all video to vcd,vcd , and dvd man it works great everything converted to what ever you want , well it won’t do mov or rm but thats ok it is by far the easiest program i have come across so far… everything is done for you