MP3s onto a CD

vbimport

Can someone please help me, i have been trying to do this all day but i don’t get it.

About 18 months ago i burned a CD of MP3 tracks using my housemates laptop and she had a programme on it i think which enabled her to write alot more MP3s to the disk (like in the region of 50ish tracks) than normal. I have now got a cd player which allows me to play mp3s but i dont talk to my ex housemate anymore so i can’t ask her how to do it.

I don’t know if i have explained myself very well but any help would be appreciates :slight_smile: thank u!

ImgBurn will do that i believe. www.imgburn.com It’s a free app but you can donate if you like it. LUK! has a forum here also or if you want you can go to his forum there if you need help.

are you trying to actually play back the MP3s on the cd player, if so it should be just as simple as putting it in the CD player and pressing play! if you are trying to burn MP3s to a CD it should be simple too, open your burning program, add the MP3’s you want to burn insert the CD-R and burn them to it.
Unless I am missing something?

The cd i am using is refusing to hold more than about 20 mp3 tracks

Maybe i need a special type of cd :S?

I know that the cd i used when i did it 18 months ago was a cd-r of my housemates and it held about 50 tracks of just mp3s but wouldnt play on my cd player which wasnt mp3 enabled. But it played on hers which was mp3 enabled.

If you have Nero, burn the files as a data disc (rather than audio). I have a CD here I burned with ~150 mp3s on it that I play in my DVD player :slight_smile:

And no special type of CD required :wink:

[QUOTE=little_1;2110147]The cd i am using is refusing to hold more than about 20 mp3 tracks

I know that the cd i used when i did it 18 months ago was a cd-r of my housemates and it held about 50 tracks of just mp3s but wouldnt play on my cd player which wasnt mp3 enabled. But it played on hers which was mp3 enabled.[/QUOTE]

Is this a CD-RW that you are trying, and what bitrate are the MP3s? if they are really high, then I can see why you are only able to fit that many.

What is the total file size you’re trying to put on disc, and what is the capacity of the disc itself?

Making an MP3 disc is like making a normal data disc, usually. You are limited by the capacity of the disc in megabytes/gigabytes, not in time/number of tracks/etc.

EDIT: double post. [somehow]

Bitrate is between 100-300Kbps, i don’t know if it is a CD-RW, it just says CD-R on the front

(sorry as you can tell i am very thick when it comes to technology!)

Archne i dont have Nero, but if i write the files on as data rather audio, will that work - on any programme?

Disk i am using is 700mb

Hi,[quote=little_1;2110158]i dont have Nero, but if i write the files on as data rather audio, will that work - on any programme?[/quote]Any CD burning software supports Data CD. I had used Imgburn to create mp3 discs for my car stereo.

Michael

[QUOTE=little_1;2110147]The cd i am using is refusing to hold [B]more than about 20 mp3 tracks[/B]

I know that the cd i used when i did it 18 months ago was a cd-r of my housemates and it held about 50 tracks of just mp3s but wouldnt play on my cd player which wasnt mp3 enabled. But it played on hers which was mp3 enabled.[/QUOTE]
As was said, that sounds like an [B]Audio CD[/B]. You need to burn the mp3’s as [B]DATA,[/B] not converting them to an Audio CD.

Ok thanks, will a data cd play in my cd player?

And how do i burn it as data on windows media player coz thts where all my music is

An MP3 disc is a data disc. If your car CD player claims to play MP3s, it should play.

And there’s an option in WMP to burn a data CD instead of an audio CD. I know in WMP 11 you click the “Burn” button again [after clicking once] and select “Data CD”.

Thank you all very much for your help