MP3 Software?

Is there any other software than MP3Test to Test MP3’s?

I need to TEST MP3’s for SMALL SKIPS in them.

Tanks!:bigsmile:

That’s weird…How do you get small skips in your MP3’s…?

[QUOTE=deanimator;2108539]That’s weird…How do you get small skips in your MP3’s…?[/QUOTE]

Well I download music from Yahoo Music Unlimited in Protected WMA Format & I use Replay Music to record them to MP3 Format & sometimes while the song is playing & being recorded it will skip for a split second while using Replay Music.

That’s the only bad thing about Replay Music.

I doubt you’ll be able to find these skips, because the MP3 file isn’t corrupt. There will be sections of missing music but the file will be complete and normal.

alright thanks for answering my question anyway.

You could load it into MP3 DirectCut or Audacity and see if you can see the skips visually.

I have downloaded EAC and while many features that appear to make this a powerful tool, it seems to convert very very slowly (30+ minutes per CD!) and while compresses the files, keeps them as wav, and not mp3 files. Like gwoolie, i want to convert all my cds just ONCE, into usable but very high quality mp3s, even if at a high bit rate with large files.
Can anyone help?!

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2109210]You could load it into MP3 DirectCut or Audacity and see if you can see the skips visually.[/QUOTE]

How would I see the skips visually?

I downloaded both software.

I guess just play it with the software & look for a space in the waves or something.

How would I see the skips visually?

They may show as gaps or extreme peaks in the waveform. I’ve noticed somtimes that silence shows up as an off the scale peak in DirectCut.