[qanda]This thread is about the Apple iPod Touch (16GB). Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I have recorded about 7,000 songs using XM Radio subscription and a free software called xmrecorder. I left this thing to run over a period of time and have all these songs. Problem is all the recorded songs play and then either speed up or slow down erratically! I’ve tried a few programs to see if the files were corrupted but they check out OK. Is there anything to normalize the speed! I’ve since canceled my XM subscription so would like to get these fixed. I’ve played the files on a number of computers running different windows and different mp3 players and the same thing happens on all of them.
Problem files give me an “mp3 encoder error”
Sounds like they are corrupted somehow or possibly encoded using VBR which many players have issues playing. But VBR (variable bit rate) doesn’t typically cause issues for PC playback.
Try running the problem files through an mp3 audio encoding application. Increase the bitrate if needed (don’t decrease it) and ensure to use CBR (constant bit rate).