MP3 or Ogg Vorbis

vbimport

What do you prefer: Ogg Vorbis or MP3?

I prefer Ogg myself (the quality is about twice that of MP3), but the pseudo-standardness of MP3 makes it hard to send music to friends.

OGG behind? That’s surprising. :confused:

Originally posted by SirDavidGuy
but the pseudo-standardness of MP3 makes it hard to send music to friends.

That is why I use mp3. Sometimes I use wma (64kb, pretty decent). I have never used Ogg Vorbis…

Just thought I’d mention that starting from Winamp 2.80 OGG support is bundled with standard and full installs… making it easier if your friends use Winamp.

My personal opinion is that OGG is better than WMA at similar bitrates. Besides, WMA has imaging problems at ANY bitrate I tried (in the past), so I never used it for anything. I could be wrong, as it’s been a LONG time since I did anything with WMA.

My only real gripe is that Audiogalaxy doesn’t have an OGG search. :frowning:

Now vote for OGG!! :cool:

I use ogg also.
Great quality and smaller file size…ideal for sharing!!!
I’ve got loads of oggs on my pc just need someone to come and get’em…Win MX anyone?

I have used Ogg for some encoding, but I have went back to mp3, mostly because of its wide acceptance. I have not been able to spot any differences in the sound quality, but generally an mp3 file is 1 Mb bigger than the Ogg file of the same song. (I use the -r3mix or the --alt-preset standard option in Lame when making mp3)
Also, are here anyone using MPC? It seems to have very good sound quality, and is not made by M$…:stuck_out_tongue: