MP3+G and Karaoke players

I am a singer/musician and want to use Karaoke CD+G’s as background to sing with. I can download from a Karaoke site and the downloads come in zipped MP3 format. I then convert them to MP3+G’s. I am not putting on a Karaoke show and don’t necessarily need a screen to show words. However, I would like to play them through a Karaoke player because that would be a simple way to change the key and tempo. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know if the JVC XL-SV22 will play the CD’s when I convert them from the MP3’s to the MP3+G format on disc. Is the music still in MP3 format when they get converted, I assume they are? Am I correct in thinking that Karaoke players (not machines) cannot play MP3’s? :confused:

FURTHER QUESTION: I realize if a Karaoke player can’t play MP3+G format then I could simply write the MP3 part of the unzipped file onto a CD and play it on a regular CD/MP3 player through my mixer/amp BUT I need to be able to change the “key” (pitch) and tempo for many of the songs, Is it true that the Karaoke player won’t play MP3+G format. If this is the case then I will probably have to change the key and tempos before I burn. Is that correct? Any suggestions on key and tempo changing software. Advice appreciated. Many thanks! :bigsmile:

Try the Pacemaker Winamp plug-in. Record your speeded-up/key shifted mp3 file to a new file and burn to cd.
http://sky.prohosting.com/oparviai/pacemaker/

alternatively use the plugin with the mp3+g plugin available here
http://www.physysteme.com/gen_cdg.html

and use winamp to play and pitch change the karaoke tracks in realtime.

Hey mate did you ever get your problem with the Karaoke Player and Mp3 files fixed. Maybe I can help I also run both and made hundreds of CD-G tunes and converted them to Mp3 tunes. Let me know. Jon r. Kb3xy@krbenson.com

[QUOTE=justaustin;1030726]I am a singer/musician and want to use Karaoke CD+G’s as background to sing with. I can download from a Karaoke site and the downloads come in zipped MP3 format. I then convert them to MP3+G’s. I am not putting on a Karaoke show and don’t necessarily need a screen to show words. However, I would like to play them through a Karaoke player because that would be a simple way to change the key and tempo. :slight_smile:

[B]Does anyone know if the JVC XL-SV22 will play the CD’s when I convert them from the MP3’s to the MP3+G format on disc.[/B] Is the music still in MP3 format when they get converted, I assume they are? Am I correct in thinking that Karaoke players (not machines) cannot play MP3’s? :confused:

FURTHER QUESTION: I realize if a Karaoke player can’t play MP3+G format then I could simply write the MP3 part of the unzipped file onto a CD and play it on a regular CD/MP3 player through my mixer/amp [B]BUT[/B] [U]I need to be able to change the “key” (pitch) and tempo for many of the songs[/U], Is it true that the Karaoke player won’t play MP3+G format. If this is the case then I will probably have to change the key and tempos before I burn. Is that correct? Any suggestions on key and tempo changing software. Advice appreciated. Many thanks! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hey mate. Yes the JVC-SV-22 can play Mp3 tunes and can can be punched up to another key. The sound changes a little but it will work for ya. Oh if your not happy with the JVC-SV-22 I am needing another one and cant find it. I will buy yours if you want to sell it. Cheers mate. Jon r. Kb3xy@krbenson.com