MP3 disks on a JVC player - HELP!

vbimport

Hi there :slight_smile:

I have a JVC XV-FA95 DVD/CD/MP3/VCD player. I can’t get it to play CD-Rs with MP3s on it. They show up in the screen correctly, but when I go to play them, nothing happens. I’ve tried to follow the notes in the player’s manual regarding making MP3 disks and it’s just not working. I’m using Roxio to burn the disks. It says use ISO 9660 disk format, which I did (but I hate because it makes all the titles unrecognizable :frowning: and to finalize the disk, which I did and it says to not use “multi-session” recording. Not sure what they mean by that…so I assume that’s where I’m going wrong. Does that mean burn it as a “disk at once” vs. a “track at once” CD? I’ve tried both and it still isn’t working!

Aarglebargle!

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by ozmel8

it says to not use “multi-session” recording. Not sure what they mean by that…so I assume that’s where I’m going wrong. Does that mean burn it as a “disk at once” vs. a “track at once” CD?
By saying to not use “multi-session” recording they mean that there should be used “disc at once”.

Objection! :smiley:
Multi-session has several TOCs/updated TOC and DAO doesn’t necessary mean no multi-session since it’s a method of writing tracks.
//Danne

Originally posted by DiiZzY

since it’s a method of writing tracks.

Nobody says it’s not.

A session is a “recording unit” on a CD. A session consists of a “Leadin”, a data area which can contain one or more “Tracks” and a “Leadout”.

A “normal” audio or data CD only consists of one session.
As a general rule, you only use several sessions if a data CD is not to be written all at once but you want to add more data at a later date.
For audio CDs this is not possible, as audio CD-Players always only recognize the 1 session on a CD.