MP3 disc won\'t play (Toshiba D-VR610 - DVD recorder/ VCR combo)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Toshiba D-VR610 - DVD recorder/ VCR combo. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’ve recorded a MP3 disc to play on my stereo (data file, mastered, MP3 files only, CD-R). It played on an older Sony DVD player but wouldn’t load on the Toshiba D-VR610 DVDR/VCR I intended.

I think I have about 665MB on the disc - don’t know if this is an issue.

Also, when playing some of the tracks on the computer, Windows Media Player gave me a message that it needed to validate the clock setting over the internet. I was wondering if that indicated some kind of copy protection, but these are all MP3 files.

Advice and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marshall

Directly from the Toshiba website:
Some DVD-R/DVD-RW and CD-R/CD-RW discs may be incompatible due to laser pick up and disc design. CD-R/CD-RW discs must be recorded using CD-DA method for CD audio playback. The DVD Recorder may not support some MP3/WMA/JPEG/DivX recordings due to differences in recording formats, disc structure, or condition of the disc (use of CD-RW for MP3 files is not recommended). See owner’s manual for more information.

MP3 support on DVD players is hit and miss and is a feature not a standard option. Many have file limit restrictions, many will only play CBR and not VBR, and sometimes bitrate restrictions as well. What is supported is likely covered in the user manual.