MP3 DirectCut and id3 tags

I record streaming audio (using TotalRecorder) and when I cut it up using MP3DirectCut the tags can’t be read by my car MP3 players. I believe it only happens with VBR recordings. Is there a work around or fix? Perhaps something to rewrite the VBR headers? FWIW WinAmp reads and edits the tags just fine, although the rewritten tags aren’t recognized in the cars either.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2238226]I record streaming audio (using TotalRecorder) and when I cut it up using MP3DirectCut the tags can’t be read by my car MP3 players. I believe it only happens with VBR recordings. Is there a work around or fix? Perhaps something to rewrite the VBR headers? FWIW WinAmp reads and edits the tags just fine, although the rewritten tags aren’t recognized in the cars either.[/QUOTE]

Ohhhh… To be a moderator so I could put up a sticky post telling people to include make & Model of their car stereo when asking a question…

VERY FEW car stereos will display tags or run time correctly when playing VBR files.

Relative few mp3 capable car stereos will actually play VBR mp3’s to begin with to get to the point where you can see that the run time or tags
are displaying correctly or not…

I simply don’t bother with VBR. all the mp3’s I play myself are 320’s
because I simply don’t give a damn about storage space, I’ve got plenty and if I didn’t I’d just buy more.

I have a 40Gb drive that I could toss in the trash in a heartbeat if I had a 500gb to install in it’s place.

Though I did make a few VBR “Test Discs” so I could see various problems
on my playback equipment.

AD

I use Winamp to edit my tags before I burn my mp3’s to disk.

I currently have a Apline unit and have notice that if both versions of the tag are checked on a particular mp3 then the tag will display incorrectly be it VBR or not. If I choose only one of the tags be it version one or two, then the tag in question will display properly be it VBR or not.

As asked before what is the model of unit that is playing the mp3’s?

Does it support both versions of tags?

When editing your mp3 tags in Winamp do you do both versions and have them active?

:cool::cool:

My players both handle VBR files and tags fine. [B]It’s only after I’ve chopped up a long MP3 into individual tracks that the problem manifests[/B]. FWIW one of the players is a Dual Audio and the other a Blaupunkt.