MP3 conversion to wave

vbimport

could you please tell me a good (if poss free) program to convert my MP3’s to wave, preferably one that will convert anything to anything

Thanks

WinAmp can do that…
Forgot exactly how, but you have to set the output to WAV, instead of sound…

I am sure there are many other programs too…but I don’t know if there is a free universal converter…

You can use BeLight and BeSweet for this conversion, and many others. BeSweet is the command line conversion program, and BeLight is the user interface for it. You can find them at www.videohelp.com

There are countless audio programs that can do the conversion, you likely have a couple already on your PC. The real question is why?

I like CDex (free).

SUPER © is the ‘convert anything to anything’ free software you’re looking for… doubt there’s anything better or more powerful…

[QUOTE=MBK;2186781]SUPER © is the ‘convert anything to anything’ free software you’re looking for… doubt there’s anything better or more powerful…[/QUOTE]
That’s kinda overkill for the poster’s needs and it tends to install a few too many of it’s own codecs/hooks/libraries.

[QUOTE=MBK;2186781]SUPER © is the ‘convert anything to anything’ free software you’re looking for… doubt there’s anything better or more powerful…[/QUOTE]

One of the things I like about the forum is being exposed to other ways of doing things. With that in mind, I don’t know if I’m having a bad day or just rotten luck but I d/l the program from “erightsoft” and my AV software caught and quarantined a trojan.

You might want to check out this in the next 14 hrs after posting this, please also read the user comments (one includes a review of the software):

I find Nero very convenient for this. It´s not free however.

Otherwise…Super is useful to have anyway as it can convert just about anything (although be careful to get the settings right)