Mp3 compression and decompression

vbimport

:flower:Dear Sirs,
Would there be any loss noticed if an MP3 File is converted to an Audio CD (using nero cda format)
Please send me a mail regarding this to my email: (removed)
Thanks and Regards,
A.Senthilkumar

Chances are big there is no quality loss. I do believe the conversion from mp3 to audio cd in Nero is a lossless codec.

There’s no loss in decompression of mp3 files. The loss of data ( high frequency and distortion ) happens in compression process.

Since the cda format uses a uncompressed 16bit 44.1KHz stereo stream, no loss will happen in the conversion. The result will be as good as the quality of the mp3 file.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2475009]Chances are big there is no quality loss. I do believe the conversion from mp3 to audio cd in Nero is a lossless codec.[/QUOTE]:flower:Thank You Sir, May I get one small software from you or from any of our club?
It is nothing but MJPEG converter, that is, the file extension is
.MJP Most of the softwares come in this name like mjpeg converter, but the file ext. comes only as .AVI after conversion.

I am looking for a software which should convert other video formats (popular vcd and dvd formats) to .MJP.
Kindly let me know at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards,
A.Senthilkumar

asenthil, if you have a 64-bit operating system there is a program called Vlafy MJPEG Encoder x64 it has a free trial.

I believe Avidemux, http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/, can handle mjpeg. I’m not sure about the avi extension, but I’ve seen it referred to as “avi mjpeg” and I don’t know what the difference is.

You CANNOT go from a 128kbs MP3 to a 192kbs MP3; but you could go down to say 64kbs. However, then if you go from 64 back to 128 you will hear a difference.

[QUOTE=Romphotog;2492201]You CANNOT go from a 128kbs MP3 to a 192kbs MP3; but you could go down to say 64kbs. However, then if you go from 64 back to 128 you will hear a difference.[/QUOTE]

Sure you can!..It’s just not practical(in fact pointless) to do so, since you’re not gaining quality but in fact losing some more…Having said that, none of us share ears, equipment, same listening environment,etc, etc… So no one can say for certain what if any difference [I]you’ll[/I] hear…

Must agree with t0nee1! :slight_smile: