Mp3 Cd Player

vbimport

First post as I havent been able to find the answer anywhere else, but hopefully someone can help me?

My car cd-changer plays CDR’s with MP3’s on them - I can get up to about 20 songs on one disc …

I have used the Windows CD Wizard to write MP3’s to a CDR using the “Make a Data CD” option “for PC’s and some CD players”. This way allows you to put c100 songs onto a disc. It plays perfectly well in my colleagues mini cooper (standard bmw cd player) but not in mine.

I assume it is just not compatible with my player and I need to change it or does anyone have any ideas or have solved a similar problem (without having to drive around in a mini)?

Many thanks

Are you sure your car player plays mp3s? 20 songs sounds like you just created an audio CD out of mp3s. Any CD player could play that.

Thanks for the response.

Good question - not sure! Just checking the CD now and they are .cda files so seems like just an audio file?

They are in RIFF WAV/AIFF standard PCM format then.

Yes, it is an normal CDDA aka AudioCD, no mp3s on it.

Thanks - so basically the CDR with 100+ tracks on it is probably mp3 and hence wont play on my cd player in my car so I need a new one?

A CD with that much tracks (depends on their length of course) has normally mp3 files on it.
But I cannot say if your player can mp3 or not…

it is probably mp3 and hence wont play on my cd player

My car cd-changer plays CDR’s with MP3’s on them

Google your make and model and you should get a definite answer :slight_smile:

thanks

why don’t you just try it by making an mp3 cd?

in ‘My Computer’ drag and drop (or copy & paste) all the song you want on it into your cd drive. then ‘file’, ‘write these files to cd’, then write in mp3 format, DATA! NOT AUDIO!

shouldn’t take 5 minutes then you can just test your car with it to see what it plays!

Hey pdofa, thanks for the tip…However I’m sure by [B]now[/B], mackers found a solution…You think?..
btw, welcome!..:cool: