Mp3 burning problem

vbimport

i am trying to burn using nero, mp3s to CD-R so i can play the music in my car...

cdrw spec - sony 2x4x8 - on windows98 p2 333mtz

i have mp3 album that fits on a 74min CDR i burn this on 4x and it crashes on the fly and from harddrive.

so i do it at x2 and it works fine. so im happy

but when i try to burn albums that need 80min cd it crashes. It runs through the burn process right till the end and then it will fail...nothing is written to the CDR. i have tried different CDR's cleaned CDRW and DVD-rom, used external CD-rom as source. from hardrive and this happens all the time...

Can some one please help...i dont think the CDRW laser has gone cus i can still burn a 74 min cd copy of mp3s or a direct backup of an original album that will burn on a 74min cdr.

do i need new equip?

pls advice

:confused:

Please be a little bit more specific:

1. What version of nero are you using
  2. What do you mean by the word “crashing”. Can you post the specific error message
  3. Some more info like the mobo and staff would be nice
  4. Are all devices dma enabled?
  5. Do you have an aspi layer properly installed?

I suspect that your problem is that your writer doesn’t support 80 minute cdr burning. It’s getting pretty old.

Originally posted by philamber
I suspect that your problem is that your writer doesn’t support 80 minute cdr burning. It’s getting pretty old.
Could be that too, but i guess he was once able to burn 80min discs, that’s why he posted. But that’s just a guess :wink:

i got it working on my laptop so no worries

my machine isnt up to it i guess…burning the mp3’s on x using adaptec 4…working nicely!!!

my machine is for the skip…

thanks for the help:D