MP3 Audio Files at 320kbps

Is it possible for an update to increase the Audio Bitrate above the 256kbps maximum to 320kbps?

Generally speaking, this is considered the best bit rate that standard audio players support. I won’t argue with the kids over what the human ear can discern or any other such nonsense. Personally, I encode my own MP3s at 320kbps, and would like to have the same quality when the source is a DVD.

Perhaps the audio on DVDs isn’t even as good as a 320kbps MP3?–I don’t know. If that’s the case, I would understand why the author uses 256kbps as the maximum for ripped MP3s.

Just curious if 320kbps can ever be a practical option.

hi,

Did you need add 320kbps bitrate value in Generic.xvid.mp3 profile ?

I will test it and if it is no problem, I will add it into this profile.

Thanks.

320 kbps is the maximum that some players will support.

[QUOTE=signals;1977521]320 kbps is the maximum that some players will support.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I think 320 kbps is the highest bit rate officially supported by the MP3 standard. I’ve never seen a program that supported a higher MP3 bit rate. I’ve seen FLAC at higher rates, though.

[quote=BitSmasher;1977833]Not sure, but I think 320 kbps is the highest bit rate officially supported by the MP3 standard. I’ve never seen a program that supported a higher MP3 bit rate. I’ve seen FLAC at higher rates, though.[/quote]You are probably correct. I just knew I had seen it listed as the max supported many times (and overkill at that IMO).

[QUOTE=Ting;1977413]hi,

Did you need add 320kbps bitrate value in Generic.xvid.mp3 profile ?

I will test it and if it is no problem, I will add it into this profile.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Yes, that’s what I meant. Thank you!

You guys are really something! Talk about supporting your product!!!

There is (or possibly was) a site that sold 384kbps MP3s, but I don’t know what software package could actually play them, although they can be transcoded by Lame and other programs.

[QUOTE=signals;1977880]I just knew I had seen it listed as the max supported many times (and overkill at that IMO).[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that 320 is overkill. I generally use 192 or 256. There might be a difference to the ears of some, but I really can’t hear a difference above 192.

[QUOTE=BitSmasher;1978679]I agree with you that 320 is overkill. I generally use 192 or 256. There might be a difference to the ears of some, but I really can’t hear a difference above 192.[/QUOTE]

and most Dvd movie soundtracks are probably encoded at the equivalent of 192 or less ( thoguh a straight comparison is not simple as they are not natively in MP3 ).

I live for overkill. Sorry.

[quote=teh roxxors;1984366]I live for overkill. Sorry.[/quote]LMAO:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=BitSmasher;1978679]I agree with you that 320 is overkill. I generally use 192 or 256. There might be a difference to the ears of some, but I really can’t hear a difference above 192.[/QUOTE]

every movie that I’ve checked via the show info option in powerdvd tells me that the stereo soundtrack is at 192kbs. So recoding at 320kbs would be a complete waste of space & time.

Dear all,

Please try DVDFab 4.0.5.5 to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-5-5-out-237332/

Best Regards,
Fengtao