Mozilla Thunderbird Lost Emails

vbimport

Yesterday I had 4 emails appear in Mozilla Thunderbird Junk folder and marked them as not junk which should move them to the Inbox. Two were moved to Inbox as expected, but the other two disappeared. Today two more emails in the Junk folder were marked as not junk, and they disappeared too. I checked Charter online email too, and all the vanished emails are nowhere to be found. Is this a Thunderbird bug, or does anybody know a solution to this problem?

I would contact Mozilla about this as well…

I’ve had a similar experience in the previous version, (just updated today). Moving emails to trash would make them vanish. Emptying the trash completely would resolve it. I assumed it was an issue with the retention logic. Hasn’t happened for a while.

I don’t have or use Thunderbird so I don’t know if this will help.
The problem looked interesting so I googled it.
Here is an article that might help:

[QUOTE=cholla;2758725]I don’t have or use Thunderbird so I don’t know if this will help.
The problem looked interesting so I googled it.
Here is an article that might help:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-recover-deleted-emails-in-thunderbird/[/QUOTE]
I have used that T-bird recovery method and was amazed that it worked as advertised!:clap:

That link shows how to show Application Data folder but doesn’t say how to recover deleted email. Is there something I’m missing there? Even if the emails can be recovered, it won’t solve the problem of vanishing emails Every email I get from 2 friends goes into the junk folder, and they all vanish when marked as not junk. BTW I did call Mozilla support and left a voice mail message when prompted, but nobody returned my call.

@ bevills1 , I’m working in the dark on this as I’ve never had Thunderbird .
Is it possible that you have “Blocked” these email addresses ?
I don’t know why even then they wouldn’t go to a “Delete” folder .
That being said this is how I interpret using the link process but bear in mind I don’t have a way to test it.

1.Open your Thunderbird profile folder. Generally this folder can be found under C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles.

2.An eMail that was delivered to the Inbox, subsequently deleted and emptied from the Trash. The[B] traces of this eMail should still be found in the Inbox folder[/B].

3.open the folder for the respective eMail account, then launch the [B]Inbox[/B] file without the [B].msf[/B] file extension in a text editor, such as Notepad.

1. For the correct file type it should just say “file”, rather than “MSF-file”.

5.To recover the eMail and make it reappear in its original folder, change the X-Mozilla-status to 0. In the example pictured below it says “X-Mozilla-status: 0009″. The result should say[B] “X-Mozilla-status: 0″[/B].

From - Tue Oct 27 08:52:14 2009
x-Account-Key: account5
X-UIDL: Gmai1ldl2494b093b80f4aa
[B]x-Mozilla-status: 0009 [/B]
This should be changed to : [B]x-Mozilla-status: 0[/B]
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
x-Mozilla-Keys:
Delivered-To: @qmai1.com
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 23:30:48 -0700
To: ©qmail.com
Subject: Recommended Internet sites for tinas from Stumbleupon

The missing email should now be in the Inbox .

For you it may be the[B] Junk[/B] box instead of the Inbox .
Since the email was originally in the Junk box.
You might try the Junk box first & that is where the missing email should be if this works.

All this is for is to recover the already missing emails .
I don’t know how to fix the problem.

My suggestion after you have recovered these emails is to “Save” all the emails you want to keep.
Uninstall Thunderbird & then install the newest version .
Sometimes that fixes a corruption problem.
Good luck . I wish someone with Thunderbird had posted more information.
DukeOfUrl’s reply was pretty limited.

I don’t really need the vanished emails, but I just want to eliminate the problem of future emails being lost. I installed Thunderbird version 38.2.0 from the Mozilla site, had the 2 friends send me a test email, and the emails went directly to the inbox as they should. This appears to have fixed the problem I was having. I must have been using a buggy version or version that had become corrupted.