Mozilla: Firefox is faster than Chrome

vbimport

September 5, 2008 (Computerworld) Mozilla Corp. answered claims that Google Inc.'s Chrome browser outperforms Firefox with benchmark results of its own that showed the upcoming Firefox 3.1 is faster at executing JavaScript.

Link: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=Software+Development&articleId=9114163&taxonomyId=63&pageNumber=1

:cool::cool:

Gentlemen Lift Your Leg! Let the Pissing match begin!

Browser wars wow go figure.

As this is as much a personal opinion topic as my opinion that Coke is better than Pepsi, I’m very dissappointed with Gooooooooooooooogle. The browser leaves so much to be desired. I’m sure they’ll come up with an updated version, but I don’t see how it’s going to compete with Firefox or Opera, which I personally like best, even if Firefox more secure than any other browser. What was Google thinking? Just my 2 cents worth, or less!

Man the cannons!!! Prepare for war comrades!

:bigsmile: all hail FF2 with NoScript :bow: :bow: :bow:

How about this? Google proclaimed not to STOP the millions they are donating to Mozilla developers. Hmmm…what a way to kill the competition eh?
IE8 will it rock the boat?

Chrome Vs FF3 Vs IE8.
New & Unstable Vs Crappy & Unstable Vs Leaky & Unstable.

Choose you sides boys!

No fight from here…I still use IE6, I’ve tried others but they can’t do full screen the way [B]I[/B] like it.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2123044]Gentlemen Lift Your Leg! Let the Pissing match begin![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=debro;2123189]Chrome Vs FF3 Vs IE8.
New & Unstable Vs Crappy & Unstable Vs Leaky & Unstable.

Choose you sides boys![/QUOTE]

LOL :bigsmile:

I’m pretty happy with FF3, warts and all. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2123092]:bigsmile: all hail FF2 with NoScript :bow: :bow: :bow:[/QUOTE]

you mean FF3 (v3.0.1) :wink: , cause FF2 is just flat out worse than FF3 is.

adblock plus/noscript/tabscroller is all the addons i use for FF3.

tabscroller makes your browsing experience more efficient if you tend to have 2-3+tabs open most of the time (like me) and you can make it so that you hold down right mouse click and scroll with mouse wheel and it instantly switches between tabs you have open :wink:

I am staying with FF3 it works with my software…

Never really cared to much for IE. I’m a fan of FF.

The x64 Builds I am using on Vista x64 are outstandingly fast and stable, find them HERE

My only gripe is it can’t do Flash :frowning:

[QUOTE=NBR;2123424]you mean FF3 (v3.0.1) :wink: , cause FF2 is just flat out worse than FF3 is.[/QUOTE]

Firefox 2.0.0.16 :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=NBR;2123424]adblock plus/noscript/tabscroller is all the addons i use for FF3.

tabscroller makes your browsing experience more efficient if you tend to have 2-3+tabs open most of the time (like me) and you can make it so that you hold down right mouse click and scroll with mouse wheel and it instantly switches between tabs you have open ;)[/QUOTE]

thats a neat feature as i usually have at least 4 tabs or more open :slight_smile:

havent tried firefox 3 since it was first released and didnt care for it much maybe ill give it another go. :slight_smile:

alright ive been using FF 3.0.1 and can say i am staying with V3. not only is the browser itself more responsive, my surfing is faster as well.

this is with the same download and upload speeds reported from http://www.speedtest.net/ with FF2 as with FF3. :slight_smile:

@ troy512 … yeah from test it clearly shows FF3 is better ‘under the hood’ in just about everyway over FF2.

cause javascript they sped up quite a bit in tests i seen and even memory usage they say is improved quite a bit in tests i seen. (this aint my opinion as almost everyone says this :wink: , im sure if you where interested you could do a quick search on google for something like ‘firefox 3 vs firefox 2’ or something ) as FF2 is just worse than FF3.

but basically those are the 2 main area’s (Memory Usage/Javascript speed) ‘under the hood’ that FF3 improved over FF2… and i dont know anyone would would complain about that :wink:

but either way if you like FF3 or not… eventually you will be forced to use FF3 since they always phase out there older browsers after a certain point in time they stop supporting it.

i am still using NoScript but plan on testing adblock plus and tabscroller :slight_smile:

I should hope FF3 is better than FF2…

[QUOTE=troy512;2127131]i am still using NoScript but plan on testing adblock plus [B]and tabscroller[/B] :)[/QUOTE]

basically Tabscroller needs configuring once you install the extension in order to get it to do the ‘hold down right click and scroll with mouse wheel’ to get it to instantly switch between tabs as it’s default configuration state pretty much sucks… but basically all you need to do is switch it to ‘basic mode’ and it does what i said :wink: )

but i do notice the only times it dont work as it should is when your viewing a website with flash based content (i.e. YouTube) and happen to right click on the video window (which is flashed based) as the ‘hold right click and mouse scroll’ dont work then cause it pops up with it’s flash options instead of doing what tabscroller normally supposed to do.

but since that aint fixed (maybe he left itlike that for some reason?) i just dont right click on the flash content and it works as expected.

p.s. when i first started using tabscroller it took me a while to get used to but once i did it makes your browsing experience noticeably more efficient if you tend to have multiple tabs open most of the time and switch between then semi-often :wink: , and i would rather not live without that extension now as sometimes when i have to reinstall firefox (say after a format of the pc) i catch myself doing the right click/scroll stuff and nothing happens and im like ‘damn it’ then gotta reinstall tabscroller :wink: lol

and also, in general im one of those people who believe Firefox will probably stay at it’s peak performance/most stable the less amount of extensions you have installed :wink: … cause it seems like people who have 10+ are more likely to run into conflicts or slow Firefox down due to to much stuff installed in it etc. (i.e. Firefox might get a little ‘bloated’ , which is always a bad thing)

but also, about Adblock Plus… if you install that i would recommend subscribing to the ‘EasyList’ and ‘EasyElement’ filters :wink: (which is basically which helps it block popups and advertisements) (i also have AD-Muncher installed which i think is ‘the best’ for that sorta stuff but that’s not free as it costs money… but for free stuff and assuming i never had AD-Muncher installed i think Adblock Plus is pretty much a must since it pretty much blocks quite a bit more popup’s etc that im sure the stock popup blocking misses)

as for NoScript… i think the main people who need this are not the more technical savvy people like me and you but the average joe’s… but at the same time, even though they need it the most… the side effect to NoScript is it tends to require quite a bit of configuring initially to get all your sites etc setup to function like normal, which most people will not like since when you first install it it will mess with alot of sites until you ‘allow’ it in NoScript which the ‘average joe’ wont like that since they want stuff to ‘just work’… so as you can see NoScript even though could help the average joe stay out of trouble and protect there pc’s more it has the side effect of everything dont just work like Firefox/IE etc does in a default state.

the main reason i run NoScript myself is it seems to block alot of random scripts on sites that you goto which you would rather not have run which can slightly speed up browsing as it blocks stuff that normally would not be blocked if it was not installed. :wink:

and also, [B]i heard that FF v3.1 is getting another speed boost over the current v3 :wink: [/B]