Moving to another house

In my life I’ve only moved once and I’m planning to move soon as well. I found a new house on a better location which I think will have more advantages then my current house. I was wondering how many times other CD Freaks members have moved and if you have ever regretted you did. Also how much can one be emotionally attached to a house. I still get a good feeling when I drive along the house where I was raised :wink:

I’ve moved to many times to count. If you count when I was young it would probably be something like 20 times in 25 years.
Already moved three times in the 1.5 years I’ve been in Calgary :Z

Originally posted by Ssseth
I’ve moved to many times to count. If you count when I was young it would probably be something like 20 times in 25 years.
Already moved three times in the 1.5 years I’ve been in Calgary :Z

What´s the reason moving soooo many times?
I´m older then you, and have only moved (uni./studies not counting) four times. :slight_smile:

I’m all over the place lately in different apartments.
Make sure you like the location :bigsmile:
I’ll try to post a pic of my scenery when I get a chance.
Currently living in apartments with a very nice view of the surrounding mountains in Phoenix, AZ.

Originally posted by pinto2
What´s the reason moving soooo many times?
I´m older then you, and have only moved (uni./studies not counting) four times. :slight_smile:

I was a circus freak.

I’m the dude with the white face:

:bow:

[B]I was a circus freak.

I’m the dude with the white face:

:bow: [/B]

Ssseth,… I think you are pulling my leg.

[Don´t believe ýa] :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Heh heh.

Moved to quite a few different cities/towns. A few moves in each town and it adds up I guess. :iagree:

[B]Heh heh.

Moved to quite a few different cities/towns. A few moves in each town and it adds up I guess. :iagree: [/B]
OK, I´ll try once more; WHY?
Family, job or what (the main “reason”?.. :cool:

Seems like we have a lot of CDFreakers posting threads that they’re moving, or have a new house, or something of the sort. Where are the threads announcing new computer part purchases?! Or new games, movies, etc.? I suppose games and movies are downloadable, :iagree: but hardware sure the hell isn’t. :frowning: Sooo expensive.

As for me, I moved around quite a lot myself. My father is/was in the Military (Coast Guard), so I’ve seen a good part of the world…Phillipines, Guam, Japan…

If you’re asking me what to do, make the move man. Just make sure you consider all options. You might miss your old house and all of it’s comforts, but it’ll bring back great memories for you to talk about when in your new home, when you have friends over for beer and football night, or something of the sort. Just my two cents. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I only moved twice. Once when I was young I moved because my parents moved (when you’re little you don’t have a choice, do you) and the second one was when I left the house and went living on my own, my own, my own (Namoh suddenly has Queen screaming throw his head).

A little bit off-topic…

All humans are equal, but some humans are more equal than others!

Did you take this out of George Orwell’s Animal Farm, Namoh? Just curious. Good book. :iagree: :slight_smile:

[off-topic]
@EFloUVA, nope! Never read the book you mentioned (maybe I should). I heard it once and I never forgot it (strange that some words/sentences will keep spinning in your head, ain’t it?).

[off-topic]

I also moved recently, with my wife. Typical South Korean style. Same city, just 200-300 meters distant from previoius residence.

Originally posted by pinto2
OK, I´ll try once more; WHY?
Family, job or what (the main “reason”?.. :cool:

I don’t know the reason for every time. I just have it the best explination I guess…
The third last one was moving to a different city for a better job. The second last move was because of bugs in our suite. The last one was because we needed something bigger then a one bedroom cuz we are planning on having kids soon. Plus it’s nice to have a spare bedroom so family can come and stay overnight instead of having to stay in a hotel.

In South Korea, frequent moving is caused usually because of skyrocketing real estate prices caused by panic (on the part of the people) and corruption (on the part of the government.)

The households that don’t own houses need to move because the owners ask higher prices.

The households that own houses want to invest in new apartments seeing 2x, 5x, 10x price increase in the coming years. Either to some place near the new apartment complex or somewhere around. There are many ways to escape the government regulation (which usually is there just as an excuse and to help the rich become richer every year.)

South Korea’s real estate value is about three trillion US dollars now. That’s a lot more than South Korea’s stock market value. The figure does not reflect actual rental fee that millions of households yet pay monthly. Often 15-30% interest. I’ve paid that much.