Movies you like to watch during the holidays

vbimport

Everyone has a few they like to watch during the holiday season, especially the older ones like Its a Wonderful Life or A Charlie Brown Christmas, but I have a few that I watch every year now that are more modern.

I start with While you were Sleeping, which is my favorite movie with Sandra Bullock. The supporting cast makes this one worth watching, especially Peter Boyle and Glynnis Johns.

Next, its Serendipity, which is not actually a Christmas movie at all, but begins in the holiday season. Fun and romantic, with a gloriously beautiful Kate Beckinsale, this one is also made by the supporting characters. In fact, its the friendship between Cusak and Piven that makes this movie gel.

And third, we have Love Actually. It features an ensemble cast, with outstanding performances from Alan Rickman, Colin Firth and Emma Thompson, but it also has some incongruent story lines mixed in which weaken this movie considerably.

So, what’s another modern holiday movie I need to add to my watch list?

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Somehow I doubt that one is making the cut.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2615949]Santa Claus Conquers the Martians[/QUOTE]

Can’t even see the description of that movie.

This video is not available in your country.

:sad:

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2615951]Can’t even see the description of that movie.

:sad:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that link was to the movie to play on HULU. This is the info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058548/

Bad Santa with Billy Bob Thorton
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Scrooged with Bill Murray

The Hebrew Hammer

Mordechai Jefferson Carver, aka the Hebrew Hammer, is an orthodox Jewish stud who goes on a mission to save Hanukkah. When Santa Claus’s evil son Damian is pushed over the edge by his father’s liberal policies, he does away with the Christian patriarch. Subsequently stepping into his father’s role, Damian launches a campaign to eradicate the Jewish Holiday. The Hammer joins forces with Esther Bloomenbergensteinenthal, the gorgeous and dangerous daughter of the leader of the Jewish Justice League; and his brother-in-arms Mohammed Ali Paula Abdul Rahim, the head of the Kwanzaa Liberation Front, to topple Santa’s evil progeny and to save Hanukkah for future generations of Jews.

Finding Neverland (2004)

I guess [B]Home Alone (1990)[/B] is one of the movies I frequently (but not always) view during Christmas holidays.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2615978]I guess [B]Home Alone (1990)[/B] is one of the movies I frequently (but not always) view during Christmas holidays.[/QUOTE]Same here, and Uncle Buck, in fact anything that has the “awwww” factor.

[QUOTE=Dee;2615986]Same here, and Uncle Buck, in fact anything that has the “awwww” factor.[/QUOTE]

Planes, Trains and Automobiles:smiley:

This one is not your typical Christmas movie . I like it. Not really a new movie since it was made in 1992.
Miracle in the Wilderness
I usually end up watching whatever new Hallmark puts out .
Christmas Vacation for a funny movie.
The Polar Express

[B]dinner for on [/B]

when my late husband was around South African TV always played this .
I found it on youtube now I have my own copy :bigsmile:

[B]Thanks Kerry [/B] Just Added 2 new movies to my Watch list :flower:

A Christmas Story is one I always try to watch, so many good lines that still rattle around years later, “like you’ll shoot your eye out…” Triple dog dare…etc.

Only one that I watch: White Christmas with Bing Crosby

A Christmas Carol, starring the awesome Patrick Stewart. Wonderful. :slight_smile:

I know this isn’t particularly highly rated but I actually enjoyed Surviving Christmas. :eek:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2616159]I know this isn’t particularly highly rated but I actually enjoyed Surviving Christmas. :eek:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I Have never watched that[B] THANKS [/B]

I found om my Hd a cristmas movie i downloaded from youtube

[B]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-8pu1chaO0[/B]

[B]Love it managed to download the whole thing :bigsmile:[/B]

A Christmas Story

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

Elf

[QUOTE=diane7;2616199]I Have never watched that[B] THANKS [/B]

I found om my Hd a cristmas movie i downloaded from youtube

[B]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-8pu1chaO0[/B]

[B]Love it managed to download the whole thing :bigsmile:[/B][/QUOTE]