Movies won't play

I have the ConvertXtodvd version 2.2.3.258: I have been useing it for about a year. Suddenly, the movies I convert and burn do not play on the TV: Error message comes up: I have neve had a movie that I converted and burned to DVD NOT play uin the DVD player- and Yes-It was checked on a friends DVD player at her home as well: What could be causing this??

[QUOTE=bnatural;2296537]I have the ConvertXtodvd version 2.2.3.258: I have been useing it for about a year. Suddenly, the movies I convert and burn do not play on the TV: Error message comes up: I have neve had a movie that I converted and burned to DVD NOT play uin the DVD player- and Yes-It was checked on a friends DVD player at her home as well: What could be causing this??[/QUOTE]

Sounds like bad media to me…what kinda standalone do you and your friend have? If memory is right your version of convert is way to old-download the new version and have it again. Also did you make sure the movie you recently coverted play properly before converting??? And what was the result at her home? You left that out also you left out what the error message says as well that would go a long way to help the rest know what is going on.

By Media, do you mean what kind of DVD’s I use? They are Magnavox DVD-R" My DVD player is Memorex that plays the .avi movies, as I can put 4 or 5 on a dvd and they will play in this DVD Player: or-I convert them and in Converxtodvd and put one movie on the DVD. I dont’ know for sure what kind of DVD player my friend has: The error message I get is “The playback feature may not be installed on this disc”: (Myu friend gets the same message) As I said before, I have been burning movies, same dvd’s and this started happening. Do I need a newer Convertxtodvd?? Thanks

Yes, update to CXD3 and definitely use better/reliable media…However, there are free good alternatives…
AVStoDVD for one… I use both, btw… :wink:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ConvertXtoDVD
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

Cheers, T