Movies with <movie> indicate it's damaged (but really not)

vbimport

I have a dvd I inserted and when I click disk and then “ok” to choose the title, I get a message stating the disc is damaged.

This isn’t the first time I have had this and I think it’s because the title in the file has < >. Anyone else have this problem? Any advice? This is brand new movie and I can play it.

[QUOTE=teeterbug;2781910]I have a dvd I inserted and when I click disk and then “ok” to choose the title, I get a message stating the disc is damaged.

This isn’t the first time I have had this and I think it’s because the title in the file has < >. Anyone else have this problem? Any advice? This is brand new movie and I can play it.[/QUOTE]
That an old mistake, its been around for ages. It does happen. The software does not read it properly so it assumes its damaged.

How do I get past it and copy the movie?

[QUOTE=teeterbug;2781912]How do I get past it and copy the movie?[/QUOTE]
When you are copying right click when the disc name comes up and the title name will open, choose Rename in the Copy Program.

Tried the solution above but it didn’t work. The disc isn’t damaged. Works on anything else. This is the 1st time I have had this problem.

@teeterbug, @robbertray,

Thanks for using our software. As for the problem you faced, please contact our support team [support@macxdvd.com](mailto: support@macxdvd.com) with detailed info. They could do better analysis and provide accurate assistance for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

[QUOTE=Monica5876;2781919]@teeterbug, @robbertray,

Thanks for using our software. As for the problem you faced, please contact our support team support@macxdvd.com with detailed info. They could do better analysis and provide accurate assistance for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,[/QUOTE]
I did not realize this was a MAC issue. Thanks Monica.

I am running this on a PC not a MAC.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2781914]When you are copying right click when the disc name comes up and the title name will open, choose Rename in the Copy Program.[/QUOTE]

I tried this. Not sure if I did the same thing robbertay did but I may be in the wrong area. I put the disc in the pc. I open up the program. I click Disc. The box to select the source DVD disc shows the name. I cannot right click this.

I then went to my computer, found the dvd drive with the movie name. I right clicked it but it does not give me the option to rename.

[QUOTE=teeterbug;2781931]I am running this on a PC not a MAC.[/QUOTE]

well, pls email to support@winxdvd.com with the details, my colleague would help you solve the issue asap.

best,
monica