Movies split into 2 .avi files won't burn correctly

Okay, I’ve been using Nero to burn .avi and .mpg movies for years now, and most of the time these movies are spliit into 2 seperate files.

Usually I use Nero Vision to accomplish this, and just create a simple autoplay DVD without a menu or anything. I never had a problem with it before, but for some reason here recently anytime I try to do this the end result is a DVD that cuts out and starts over halfway through the movie (right where the first .avi file ends). No matter what I do, tried skipping to the 2nd part and fforwarding through to the second half) I can’t get the DVD to play the second part of the movie.

Like I said I’ve been using this method to create DVDs for years and never had a problem until I updated my Nero software from Nero 7 to Nero 8. Now I can’t seem to get around it. I don’t want to have to create a cheesy generic menu with two scenes just to get around this, and I really don’t feel like spending a whole lot of time re-encoding the videos or anything like that. I know that there has to be a quick solution to this problem, but I can’t seem to find it, and thought maybe someone here would be able to give me some insight.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried joining the two avi files or mpeg files before importing into Nero? Avidemux should be able to do this for you. It is free to use. Read the instructions at their site for the Append function.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2271625]Have you tried joining the two avi files or mpeg files before importing into Nero? Avidemux should be able to do this for you. It is free to use. Read the instructions at their site for the Append function.[/QUOTE]
One of Nero Vision’s strengths has been it’s ability to merge source files of all the types it accepts into one titleset.

To the OP, add your source files, high-lite them then merge.

NeroVision has strengths? :slight_smile:

Never too old to learn something I guess.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2271653]NeroVision has strengths? :slight_smile:

Never too old to learn something I guess.[/QUOTE]
You can actually add an AVI, an MPEG, a PAL VOB plus an NTSC VOB and merge them all if you like. :iagree:

I’m always creating DVD compilations with NV. I can import DVD compliant VOB/MPEGS add some fast transitions then add some Text Effects (there are many), announcing promotions and daily specials (I own a Tavern). NV does a wonderful job and conversion is quite speedy as it only re-encodes the parts with the added effects. It also does a fine job with DVD photo slideshows, with the ability to quickly crop for 16:9 output if desired.

Of late I’ve had some fun with Nero’s extensive audio capabilities. Managed to create some rather nice CDs.

Just a few of Nero’s ‘toys’.

Often maligned and sometimes a bit twitchy, but in the final wash Nero does many thing very well.

I’m a satisfied Nero 7 Ultimate user. :bigsmile: