Movies burned in LG Burner will not play properly in home player

vbimport

I am trying to find out if I have a bad BluRay Burner which is a LG UH08LS10. BluRay movies burned with this drive skip or hang intermittantly when played in my home Sony BD Player.
I had a friend try out these on his home player and got the same problem so it doesn’t seem to be the home player. I can play the movie back just fine on the computer with the LG drive in question.
The UH08LS10 firmware has been updated.
Has anyone seen this kind of problem?

ASUS M4A78T-E AM3
AMD Phenom II X4 2.6Ghz CPU
LG UH08LS10 BD Burner
DDR3 2GB Ram. 640GB 7200RPM Sata.

Maybe your standalone is a bit picky about burned discs, so the cause of this problem can be the disc.

What brand are you using? Blu-ray media, too bad, are like DVD about media quality: some brands are pretty low quality and should be avoided :slight_smile:

I keep to good brands in my opinion for example: Memorex 25GB 4X BD-R, Ridata CB25 4X BD-R. I haven’t stuck to one brand since burning BD-R.

[QUOTE=coolecho;2577591]I keep to good brands in my opinion for example: Memorex 25GB 4X BD-R, Ridata CB25 4X BD-R. I haven’t stuck to one brand since burning BD-R.[/QUOTE]

Your player and branded discs are good. LG is a garbage Blu-ray burner and they are only used in so many pre-built PC’s because of price. Its unfortunate most people don’t use Blu-ray burners enough to have a voice against LG making a bad product (for several generations of drives now).

I think you are right i’m suspicious of this drive. Do you know a good BD Burner? I browsed through Writers Review forum and didn’t see any on BD burners, just DVD and DL.
Thanks

I never burned a Blu-ray disc, but I’m pretty sure that both memorex and ridata discs are not exactly the best available :disagree:

Did you try a verbatim disc? Don’t be so fast to blame the drive: no burner can transform a crappy disc into a good one :wink:

I use 2 LG BD burners ( GGW-H20L and BH08LS20 ) with various media ( most Verbatim and Panasonic ) and my LG standalone BD player ( BD-370) plays flawlessly.

I burned over 150 BD-R and 30 BD-R DL without problem.

I don’t buy medias “made in china”. I prefer Made in japan ( Panasonic, TDK, Verbatim ) and Singapure ( Verbatim ).

[QUOTE=Electrox3d;2577595]Your player and branded discs are good.[/QUOTE]Memowrecks considered good :confused:

cough
Michael