Movies burn in the wrong order

vbimport

I am trying to burn movies that I have downloaded to DVD-RW using WMP. I use 4.7 gig discs so i can burn 4 movies to each one. It works fine, other than they are burned to the disc in completely random order. This is usually not a problem, but some of the movies i have are in two parts. They wind up on the disc in the wrong order or seperated by other movies. Also television shows are burned with the episodes all out of order. It is very annoying. Can anyone offer advice?

Use a different program for burning to disk. Are these avi or mp4 files? If so you can burn to disk as data and arrange them as you choose. Nero would work, or you can use a free program like ImgBurn.

More than likely the movies are avis, if they are join them using Virtualdub or Avidemux. If you are watching them on your PC only, you can create a simple menu using MediaCD. It’s a free program and pretty easy to use.

I got Avidemux running but i cannot figure out how to join the files with it.

Your files have to be encoded in the same manner to do a simple join in AviDemux…same codec, framerate, resolution, etc. Look in the main window and make sure the Video and Audio settings are set to Copy.

Open the first file by going to File, then hit Open.

Go to File again, hit Append, then import the second file.

Now Save the file and when you make a new name for the file, use the same extension on the file name as the original files…in other words if you are starting with an .avi file make the combined file something like this: “name of new file”.avi

Wow you guys are awsome. I cant believe I am getting this type of service for free. Thanks so much and happy holidays.

It worked. So far your fused files have worked. Television shows are another story though. I still cannot figure out how to minipulate the files so they burn how i want them to.
Can anyone suggest a free program that will burn in the order i tell it to?

sry for replicate…

I cannot figure out how to minipulate files so they burn how i want them to.
Can anyone suggest a free program that will burn in the order I tell it to? This regarsds television series with more than 15 episodes per disc. I use 4.7G Memorex.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2176436]Use a different program for burning to disk. Are these avi or mp4 files? If so you can burn to disk as data and arrange them as you choose. Nero would work, or you can use a free program like ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]
You sure? Any DATA discs I burn the files line up by alphanumerically. The only way to change the line up is to rename.

[QUOTE=Dr.Strangelove;2176552]Wow you guys are awsome. I cant believe I am getting this type of service for free. Thanks so much and happy holidays.[/QUOTE]

Better buy the movies instead downloading them…

It is certainly easy enough to figure this out. Which is why I said to “arrange them”. When burning avi or mpeg files to disk I always order them this way, especially when backing up episodes I’ve captured.

For example if you’ve captured episodes of House, you name them in order, House Season 2 Episode 2.avi, House Season 2 Episode 3.avi, etc.

You should consider one of these File Rename Utilities

hey that ImgBurn program is burning alphanumerically so problem solved. I still dont know why my WMP was burning so strangely… Anyway you have solved both of my problems so thanks everyone.