Movies and animations

Can you remember all the names of the movies, animations, TV drama, manga you watched since age 2 or 3? I’m curious about what you have seen since your baby days. I can’t remember all the things and I have no record either on paper or computer and my mother probably has even less memory of what I have watched. Some animations that come to mind first:

Mazinga Z
Robot Taekwon V
Atom (Iron Fist)
Conan (Future Boy)
Laputa (Castle in the Sky)
Mononoke Hime
Rurouni Kenshin
Great Mazinga
Son O Gong (in Korean pronunciation, originally 西遊記 in Chinese)
Sam Guk Ji (三 國 志 in Chinese, 三 國 = Three Kingdoms)
Inuyasha (mononoke dog, half human?)
Ranma 1/2
Baby dino Dooly
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Escaflowne
One Piece
Samurai Kyo
Love Hina
Tom & Jerry
Popeye
And perhaps hundreds more, more than half of them Japanese.

Never watched any of the Initial D and Gundam series.

Latest movie I watched: Swiri (about North Korean bomb terrorists in Seoul.)

I’m really not a Manga freak. Watched a few movies in the past, but can’t remember any title… Only a name: Tetsuo or something…

cartoon >Tom and Jerry
animation > Kaena

Cartoons

G.I. Joe
Transformers
Smurfs
He Man
GoBots
The Littles (I think was the name)
Scooby Doo
Tom & Jerry
Looney Tunes
Popeye

TV Shows
The A-Team
Knight Rider
Airwolf
MacGyver
The Dukes Of Hazzard
Bosom Buddies
Magnum, P.I.
Charles In Charge
Laverne & Shirley
Whos The Boss?
Growing Pains
Different Strokes
Cheers
Punky Brewster
Happy Days
The Jeffersons
Sanford & Son
Kids Incorporated
Miami Vice
etc…

Too Many Movies To List

That’s about all I can remember now. :iagree:

Watching “The 5th Republic” now. US Navy 7th fleet also appears. :slight_smile: MBC TV series. This country when I was young wasn’t that different from Somalia and Afghanistan.

G-Force, Star Blazers, Speed Racer, Galaxy Express 999, Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam 0080, Gundam 0083, Gundam Wing, Voltron, Little Prince & Eight Headed Dragon, Gigantor, New Adventures of Gigantor, Robotech, Inspector Gadget, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Fist of the North Star, Lupin the Third, Captain Harlock, Giant Robo, Transformers, Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Ghost in the Shell… All I can remember for now. :^>

~John

I have all Ghibli movies except the latest one. True art.

Rurouni Kenshin
Which one of the trillions made? :slight_smile:

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Got the series and both movies, but i don’t really like those battlemech movies.

Escaflowne
Which one? :slight_smile:

Thanks to the lovely art of fansubs and fantastic torrent trackers i have seen a LOT of Anime in the last year. I like to collect the original DVD sets of them but they’re immensly expensive.

Other anime include Chobits, Tri Gun, Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Serial Experiments Lain, Akira of course, Tokyo Godfathers, Memories, Metropolis, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop (series and movie), Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2, and so forth and so forth. :slight_smile:

All of the 100+ episodes. :slight_smile:

Which one? :slight_smile:

Hm. In South Korea, there are usually two language versions of Japanese animations, original Japanese and Korean-translation. Just called “Chun Gong Ui Escaflowne or Escaflowne in the sky (same in Japanese)” of 26 TV episodes and perhaps one or more movies.

Thanks to the lovely art of fansubs and fantastic torrent trackers i have seen a LOT of Anime in the last year. I like to collect the original DVD sets of them but they’re immensly expensive.

Other anime include Chobits, Tri Gun, Full Metal Alchemist, Bleach, Serial Experiments Lain, Akira of course, Tokyo Godfathers, Memories, Metropolis, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop (series and movie), Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2, and so forth and so forth. :slight_smile:

Since I myself started one of the most successful Anime forums for the very first broadband users in South Korea in early 1999, I had to backup all the files uploaded that were ripped from TV, VHS, VCD, LD, DVD, theaters, and so on, so literally thousands. Well, gotta collect all of them again in HD now. :slight_smile: