Moviejack 3.09.03 Problems

I have been trying to rip and write a dvd to vcd but am having problems getting it to rip the whole dvd .
The details shown are as below but when it gets to about 25% it asks me to insert a cd and burns it but does nothing else . It appears that it is only copying the first scene on the dvd and nothing beyond that .
I ripped a dvd soon after I installed MJ3 but cant get it to rip this dvd.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled it to see if that made any difference but it didn’t.
Source>> D:
Title > >>T.02.01 L.01.57.49 Pal/4.3
Image >> C: emp.mpg
CD Size >> 80min
No Of CD’s Required >>> 2
Cn anyone suggest what to do or is it maybe just the way this particulkar dvd is made up

Stuart

There are tons of ways to mis-author a DVD and there are even more mis-authored DVDs on the market. If you could tell me the exact name and EAN or UPC number, we can have a look at it.

Originally posted by molley22
[B]I have been trying to rip and write a dvd to vcd but am having problems getting it to rip the whole dvd .
The details shown are as below but when it gets to about 25% it asks me to insert a cd and burns it but does nothing else . It appears that it is only copying the first scene on the dvd and nothing beyond that .
I ripped a dvd soon after I installed MJ3 but cant get it to rip this dvd.
I also uninstalled and reinstalled it to see if that made any difference but it didn’t.
Source>> D:
Title > >>T.02.01 L.01.57.49 Pal/4.3
Image >> C: emp.mpg
CD Size >> 80min
No Of CD’s Required >>> 2
Cn anyone suggest what to do or is it maybe just the way this particulkar dvd is made up

Stuart [/B]

I’m currently running v3.09.303 and have similar problems. I set the program to rip in the morning before I go to work - done by the time I get home. I’ve found that if you rip only to HDD it rips 2 files (SVCD) perfectly. Then record each file - each one takes about 10 mins per disk.

I have trouble recording to disk with win98. (possible burner not compatable with MJ.) I copy the files to my Laptop (runs XP) then burn them to disk. Then delete the files from laptop - job done.

I’d stick with v3.09.303 at the moment though - next update doesn’t allow you to copy DVD’s (whole point of the software !!!) The old ‘copyright’ excuse.

Touch wood I haven’t failed to backup a DVD with my current version/configuration