Movie The thin red line cannot be read

vbimport

HI guys

found the first movie i cannot read with dvdfab.

The Thin Red Line… i am getting error some dvd information cannot be read, use main movie or customize to copy it.

I can however play the movie.

There is no problem with Thin Red Line.
I backed it up many months ago with and older version of fab.

Check you disk with VSO to see if there are any defects.
Also try cleaning it.
Being able to play it does not mean it is free from defects.

Beside that what are you doing up so late? It is 2:23 am here.

I have this 2002 movie R1 and there is no problem. Try cleaning the disc.

Given the poster’s ID is audiophile_[B]au[/B], it is a fair chance he is in Australia (there is a rest of world, after all).

Here, on the East Coast of Australia, it is 7:26pm. West Coast it is even earlier - 5:26 pm.

So, anyway, what are [B]you [/B]doing up so late? After all, it’s 2:23am there! :smiley:

Regards

Here in England it’s just 11 am!
What are you doing up so early Les?

[QUOTE=blutach;2133534]Given the poster’s ID is audiophile_[B]au[/B], it is a fair chance he is in Australia (there is a rest of world, after all).

Here, on the East Coast of Australia, it is 7:26pm. West Coast it is even earlier - 5:26 pm.

So, anyway, what are [B]you [/B]doing up so late? After all, it’s 2:23am there! :smiley:

Regards[/QUOTE]
I have heard rumors that the world extended beyond the horzon and was not
really flat but I am waiting for proof before I commit.

But even on the bottom side of the world if it exist dvds get dirty and need cleaning.

I have no problem backing up this movie.

[QUOTE=Benhad;2133594]I have heard rumors that the world extended beyond the horzon and was not
really flat but I am waiting for proof before I commit. [/QUOTE]
You need to look up a bloke called Galileo (if Italy exists) :smiley:

Regards

[quote=benhad;2133594]i have heard rumors that the world extended beyond the horzon and was not
really flat but i am waiting for proof before i commit.

But even on the bottom side of the world if it exist dvds get dirty and need cleaning.[/quote]
:bigsmile:…LMAO

ok guys yes i have cleaned the dvd before i posted.
It is basically brand new.

with 5.0.5.0 i could “see” a video track, but no audio tracks, which meant i still could not back it up.

Now with latest update, i can’t see video or audio tracks. It’s the only movie i have issues with, i am other movies that have been scratched very badly and copied 100% perfectly.

ok it looks like this DVD has a new form of encryption. I tried several other products and found that they came up the same.

Anydvd said it found encryption but could not copy it either. :a :sad:

I really find it hard to understand why this old movie would have anything new on it , even on the bottom side of the world.

Did you test the disk with vso inspector or nero cd speed ?
I suspect you have a defective disk.

Of course Iam sure ole blue will correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah,and since others have successfully backed it up,maybe it is a bad disc…
But just for the heck of it, try with the old trustworthy DVD Decrypter, just to see if it works…Try it, what do have to lose but time " even on the bottom side of the world." it shouldn’t take too much time… :bigsmile:

A 1998 movie with a new form of encryption :confused:
yeah right :rolleyes: don’t think so :disagree: other factors are at work :iagree:
unless it is a remake

audiophile_au
If you have nero CD Speed/DiscSpeed installed try reading the disc using the "ScanDisc tab…there may be bad sectors
Standalone dvd players are not very picky when it comes to bad sectors and will over look those sectors, that is why most dvd’s that are badly pressed will still play in the standalone players but not in the drives in computers :wink: