Movie refuses to burn?

Didn’t know where to put this issue, so here it is.
I have a movie that refuses to be burned. Every time I try to burn it, it appears that the HD slows to a crawl and all buffers empty, resulting in the burner being locked in pause mode. Have to end task Nero and reboot to get everything back. It occurs at the same point in the burn each time. (was at about 50%) This happens in either one of my burners. All other functions are normal, and I can burn anything else with no trouble, other movies burn fine. I first suspected a HD problem, but everything checks out fine.

Thinking that there was some strange corruption in the files, I re-ripped the movie from the original DVD, and the problem now occurs at the start of the burn. (about 2%). Every time and in both burners.

Movie is ripped with Shrink, burning in Nero.

What if you try to burn to an image (using the Nero ImageRecorder)?

I think I’ve narrowed it down to a bad Raptor drive, the problem only occured when trying to read a specific area of the RAID partition where the movie was stored. Am able to burn the same movie from a different array, so now i get to track down the bad drive/bad sectors, I hope.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
I think I’ve narrowed it down to a bad Raptor drive, the problem only occured when trying to read a specific area of the RAID partition where the movie was stored. Am able to burn the same movie from a different array, so now i get to track down the bad drive/bad sectors, I hope.

You got a RAID-0 config, right?

This problem sucks…

Yeah, I’ll wind up RMAing both Raptors because the WD diagnostics don’t work on RAID controllers, even if you break the stripe. But it all works fine if I don’t use that part of the partition, and fortunately it’s in near the inside of the platter so I can easily avoid it. This is likely the first time I’ve had the drive this full, so it may have been bad all along.
Pretty dumb that WD doesn’t have a tool for checking drive on a RAID controller, how else does anyone connect a SATA drive?
Their response was that they supply a plain SATA card with the drives and that should be used for testing. This was an OEM drive, so I didn’t get one. :a