Movie re-size help wanted

Hi all. I have downloaded a movie which appears to be copied from a video tape. That doesn’t worry me. My problem is that the movie is about half the size of the screen (a box within a box?). I would like to expand it to make it normal size. Is there a program that will do this? When I play the movie in Windows Media Player, it has blue stripes down either side, filling up the screen, I guess. I hope this makes sense to you. Any help will be appreciated.

I don’t use WMP but I guess you can check video playback settings and choose another Aspect Ratio option (e.g 16:9)…I use and prefer VLC…:wink:

Thanks tOnee1. I downloaded VLC and it is a good program but it does not seem to solve my problem, which may not have been explained properly. VLC still plays the movie in the centre of the screen but I want to expand it and burn it to a DVD so that it plays at full size on a TV, not just my computer. I should have said that first. Thanks anyway.

Why dont you use a proper source then?

I joined here looking for help, not sarcasm. That I can get any time. I have searched and searched for several months now without success. I just wish I was born knowing all about computers like some people instead of ever being a newbie. Not to worry. I won’t bother anybody here again. Goodbye.

[QUOTE=jacdaw;2305622]I joined here looking for help, not sarcasm. That I can get any time. I have searched and searched for several months now without success. I just wish I was born knowing all about computers like some people instead of ever being a newbie. Not to worry. I won’t bother anybody here again. Goodbye.[/QUOTE]

WHAT from that is sarcasm??? :rolleyes: