Movie play fine for an hour then breaks up in Clone DVD

Hi All ! I’m new here and I’m just getting started backing up my movies . I have a Buslink drive , model 412RD , in a computer using an AMD 2400 chip . I have XP Home and the software I’ve loaded is trial versions of Clone DVD and AnyDVD . I have no problem with paying for them if I can get this problem worked out . I’ve tried the search , but I really don’t know what to type in . Everything seems to be working ok , and I’m recording on the slowest speed now but the problem remains the same . I’ve tried 5 different movies and they all do the same thing but in varying degrees . Each one plays perfect for the first hour or so on my RCA home DVD player , but then starts breaking up . Both audio and video . The longer it runs the worse they break up . Any suggestions ?

The RCA dvd players don’t seem to be able to play burned dvds very well which might be your problem. What model do you have and what media are you using ?

My player is an RCA Model RC5215P and I’m using Memorex DVD-R media . As I said it all works great for the first hour but progressively gets worse after that , until it becomes unwatchable . Thanks

If you check the dvdrhelp.com compatability list for your dvdplayer it shows it is not very good at playing any burned dvds. you might try Ricohs though.

Well , heres the thing . Ive done several movies and they play just perfect for the first 90% of the movie on both my RCA home theater DVD player and my computer . Now , I could see both players being problematic , but even on my DVD burner they do the same . If the problem is in the playback and not in the recording , wouldn’t the problems show up earlier in the movies ? Or maybe off and on throughout the movies . Not just the last 10 minutes or so ?:confused:

Originally posted by overlander
Well , heres the thing . Ive done several movies and they play just perfect for the first 90% of the movie on both my RCA home theater DVD player and my computer . Now , I could see both players being problematic , but even on my DVD burner they do the same . If the problem is in the playback and not in the recording , wouldn’t the problems show up earlier in the movies ? Or maybe off and on throughout the movies . Not just the last 10 minutes or so ?:confused:

Actually I have had the same problem, I started doing a few basic things to insure that this doesn’t happen . It is very fustrating to get to the end of a movie and have to pull out the original to watch the end of it. After getting the files on the drive ready to burn I always defrag( I know it sound pretty time consuming but I keep the system pretty clean so it doesnt take long, then I reboot and shut down everything in the start menu. Thats it. Good luck.

Thanks nmpaulcp . I’ll give it a try in the morning !

Originally posted by overlander
My player is an RCA Model RC5215P and I’m using Memorex DVD-R media . As I said it all works great for the first hour but progressively gets worse after that , until it becomes unwatchable . Thanks

I’m having the same problem with the rc5125p and memorex dvd-r media. It begins play and then freezes. This same backup copy of the movie plays fine via a Playstation 2 and via the computer. Would different media help this situation or should I get a different player to avoid this frustating scenario? What media seems to play best in most players, brand and format?