Movie pirate dies rotting away in jail

vbimport

I just posted the article Movie pirate dies rotting away in jail.

Reverend J used our news submit to tell us that convicted US pirate Russell Sprague has been   found  dead in his prison cell of a suspected heart attack. Sprague had been  convicted of...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9946-Movie-pirate-dies-rotting-away-in-jail.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9946-Movie-pirate-dies-rotting-away-in-jail.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Sucks :frowning: he didnt deserve a end like this over copyn movies.

may he R.I.P now he’s in heaven (record in peace) i mean that in the nicest way i am not makin fun of the dead !

This has great impact for the content industry’s efforts. I consider it a victory. Perhaps this will put the correct amount of fear in all of you content pirates. This is a great victory for the movie industry. A fitting end to a content pirate. Perhaps consider that you may end up like that, too.

BAAAAAAHHHHHH…that’s what you should have written instead, sheep-idiot.

And I hope that whatever kills you is not so quick, and a whole lot more painful, that the heart attack that killed this guy. Scmbag.

“Perhaps consider that you may end up like that, too.” Perhaps consider that you too may end up incarcerated inappropiately for a minor (not life threatening) crime and wind up being beaten to death by inmates. I have no doubt that should you (god forbid) have any friends or family, they would be first to bleat at the door of authority…doubtful though, as people like you congregate in a circle of one and are spurned as one would spurn a rabid dog… :X

Why are you drawing being in jail and having a heart attack so much together?

Exactly, it’s not as though being jailed is what killed him. I surely hope the intention of this article wasn’t to put any bad light on the MPAA… if so shame on you. Don’t try to make a case out of this man’s death.

BBC headline: " Convicted film pirate found dead" cdfreaks: “Movie pirate dies rotting away in jail” hmm… rotting away? This is a dangerous game. Journalism, above all, should report things as objectively as possible. Not color matters or make case out of nothing.

Oh come on, its a load of bullshit saying the MPAA wanted him dead, he did mass piracy, and they wanted him to go to jail for a few years and pay a large fine. You are saying they wanted him executed. “Rotting”, they sure got the news here quick, as humans dont rot for ages after they are dead.
[edited by bcn_246 on 03.03.2005 16:57]

Yeah, what is up with rotting? I was thinking it is prison in China or some other middle East country. What is it, a poetic license?

aside from any emotive issues over the unfortunate use of language, there is a real point of scale and fairness of the measure of justice in this case. this man was convicted yes , but was awaiting sentencing for a crime that is not life threatening or dangerous. however there have been cases of people convicted of far worse crimes that have not been detained prior to sentencing. there is a definite weighting toward commercial property crime as opposed to crimes of violence against the indivual. i think that the balance needs to be readressed.

@TexasGuy Or possibly Guantanamo? O_o

It is not media’s role to create IMAGES (everyone’s personal interpretation) of how things might have happened, or who was/were the wrongful party. I dont want to make too big of a deal out of this, but the headline and story were much too leading. Media should only report the cold facts in an objective fashion. Maybe it is hard to understand for US, Russian or other nations’ citizens where media is sickeningly bonded to political and economic parties. Don’t get me wrong, I do not mean to offend anyone.

Take a look at an atlas sometime, redneck. China is in the FAR EAST, nowhere near the MIDDLE EAST. I bet you don’t even hold a passport.

contentPro… I hope he died before he paid the bloodsucking MPAA a cent,you’re a tosser and nothing more(but quite possibly less!!!) Next the MPAA will actually upload films and sue users,what easier income than that,It’s a fact they have done this already. The sad fact is people who commit murder have been given lighter sentences,the MPAA buys it’s power which is why people couldn’t give a toss about them. You can buy a legitimate copy of a film in china now for a dollar due to the scale of piracy ,yet in the western world we continue to be ripped off. The mpaa are the biggest bunch of arseholes around,no doubt they will try and sue his next of kin thats how sad they are.

“This is a dangerous game. Journalism, above all, should report things as objectively as possible. Not color matters or make case out of nothing” “Media should only report the cold facts in an objective fashion. Maybe it is hard to understand for US, Russian or other nations’ citizens where media is sickeningly bonded to political and economic parties. Don’t get me wrong, I do not mean to offend anyone” I’ll assume that you (bruce_ballslap) are not an american, have no idea how the american media operates, have no idea of it’s political agenda, have no idea of its duplicity in the public arena. It was an american who once said “don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story”. If the above is true then take comfort in your ignorance… IF you ARE an american, then you should recieve a liberal amount of understandind and compassion from members of this forum for believing in the fairy story of a free press and that what is reported is the truth…If fact our emergency response team is already loading the skyfreighter with cans of high protein “wake the fuck up” which will be parachuted in to you and others who suffer your plight…hang on brother…we’re on the way…:X

That was a good death! Don’t you pirate again in hell!

Hold your horses buddy. I hope you feel better now, after your emotional rage. Dont you think it is truly sickening how the television networks in USA are bonded to democrats/republicans? For instance the reporting of presidential election and War in Iraq totally differ from each other depending on what channel they are on. The news are shaped to promote the political parties’ own agendas. Most of the nationwide networks are also commercial there, right? Are they all? Elsewhere in the world there are national television channels that are totally independent of any advertisers/economic alliances and their agendas. That combined with transparent operation leads to virtually free press, something very different from the US model. You sure like to put words in other people’s mouths. I never said there are model examples of totally free press where everything reported is truthful. Stick to the facts and let your emotions cool off.