Movie only and sub titles on automatically

when i copy and choose movie only with no munu’s i select just english for the sub title,the thing is when i play it on my dvd player the sub titles are on automatically…is there a way of them not coming on automatically? i know all you have to do is turn them off on your remote but it would be nice if they never came on in the first place…thanks

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;2027389]when i copy and choose movie only with no munu’s i select just english for the sub title,the thing is when i play it on my dvd player the sub titles are on automatically…is there a way of them not coming on automatically? i know all you have to do is turn them off on your remote but it would be nice if they never came on in the first place…thanks[/QUOTE]

If you open common settings and look on the left side you will see “Subpicture” just under [B]Streams[/B] click on Subpicture and…there you can make the proper changes :cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2027431]If you open common settings and look on the left side you will see “Subpicture” just under [B]Streams[/B] click on Subpicture and…there you can make the proper changes :cool:[/QUOTE]

ok…if i selet "do not select any preselected subpictures will i still get forced sub pictures like if a guy is speaking french and they show the enlish subs?

do you want subtitles or not. if you dont want them at all i would suggest selecting, do not preselect subpictures.

check out my main movie setup video.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dvdfabtroy

or are you actually wanting the subtitles but dont want them to be forced?

i select just english for the sub title

but it would be nice if they never came on in the first place

[QUOTE=troy512;2027775]do you want subtitles or not. if you dont want them at all i would suggest selecting, do not preselect subpictures.

check out my main movie setup video.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dvdfabtroy

or are you actually wanting the subtitles but dont want them to be forced?[/QUOTE]
yes i still want sub titles but i just dont want them to come on automatically when i put the dvd in the player…if i choose main movie only and say english sub titles…the sub titles are on all the time…

[quote=raymondtrudeau;2027825]yes i still want sub titles but i just dont want them to come on automatically when i put the dvd in the player…if i choose main movie only and say english sub titles…the sub titles are on all the time…[/quote]Hi Raymond
Does this happen with all titles or just some discs?

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;2027755]ok…if i selet "do not select any preselected subpictures will i still get forced sub pictures like if a guy is speaking french and they show the enlish subs?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK there is no getting around forced subtitles

[QUOTE=signals;2027975]Hi Raymond
Does this happen with all titles or just some discs?[/QUOTE]

this happens on all discs if select movie only and english sub title…the subtitles are on all the time,i then have to go into my remote and turn them off…hopefully they can fix this

[QUOTE=raymondtrudeau;2028024]this happens on all discs if select movie only and english sub title…the subtitles are on all the time,i then have to go into my remote and turn them off…hopefully they can fix this[/QUOTE]You need to use Customize mode then. Save all the subtitles and the Menu.

[quote=raymondtrudeau;2028024]this happens on all discs if select movie only and english sub title…the subtitles are on all the time,i then have to go into my remote and turn them off…hopefully they can fix this[/quote]I have had this happen on a couple of movies even in Full Disc mode. When I checked the subpicture streams with DVDSubEdit it reported that the VOB files had Closed Caption headers. DVDFab may not be handling these correctly. I usually use Bob’s suggestion and use Customize mode (but normally without the menus). Never had a subtitle problem with that.

I think that it is a bug in both main movie & customise mode. If my UI is set to say that I want only english subtitles, fab interprets that as meaning that I want them switched on by default.
AFAIK it happens on all movies, so it’s not a closed caption header or forced subtitle issue.
it may be linked to selecting only 1 subtitles language in UI.

[quote=cybmole;2028124]I think that it is a bug in both main movie & customise mode. If my UI is set to say that I want only english subtitles, fab interprets that as meaning that I want them switched on by default.
AFAIK it happens on all movies, so it’s not a closed caption header or forced subtitle issue.
it may be linked to selecting only 1 subtitles language in UI.[/quote]Hi cyb. That’s interesting. I don’t have mine set up that way but will try it with a disc that behaved correctly when backed up and see what happens.

I tried several titles today and could not duplicate this problem. ? One of my standalone players has a subtitle default switch (on one of its setup menus) in addition to the one on the remote. When I left this on accidentally once it did this (subs on everything) until I corrected the setting. Turning it off with the remote stopped it for that one movie, but the next time it was powered up the subs were on again.

[B][I][U]caution[/U][/I][/B] be on the look out for a nasty little green arrow. wanted in connection with force start the subtitles on most players. if you see this little booger proceed with extreme caution. then left click on the arrow to turn it off. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2028683][B][I][U]caution[/U][/I][/B] be on the look out for a nasty little green arrow. wanted in connection with force start the subtitles on most players. if you see this little booger proceed with extreme caution. then left click on the arrow to turn it off. :slight_smile:

[/QUOTE]

I have great trouble getting the green arrow to appear, but I still seem to get subtitles automatically - Maybe - as signals has said - I have a default set in my stand-alone players & fab is innocent.

[quote=cybmole;2028768]I have great trouble getting the green arrow to appear, but I still seem to get subtitles automatically - Maybe - as signals has said - I have a default set in my stand-alone players & fab is innocent.[/quote]It is hard to see when the highlight bar is also on the same subpic–the color needs to be changed to red or yellow. If you temporarily uncheck the boxes for all subpics the default arrow will go away and you can then recheck the box for the subpic you want to include but not run as default.

hi raymondtrudeau,

I’ve done alot of [U]movie only with subtitles [/U]but never get your result. Check your stand alone player settings…my guess is that is the root of your problem.

Hi Guys,

I am also having the same problem with the optional language subtitles being shown by default on playback no matter what I do, I have read through every reference on this site and tried every option but so far I have had no luck. I have tried over 30 different DVD’s and the result is always the same, if I want subtitles then they are on as default no matter what I do. I am using DVDFab Platinum 4.1.2.0 and copying to my hard drive for playback using Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra ver. 7.3 or Windows Media Player. I have no intention of burning them to DVD I just want playback via my NAS Drive on my Plasma. I would do with out the subtitles but for the fact that I have a friend who is partially deaf and it would be great for him, I know that I can switch them off in the “players” software but how can I turn them off by default, thanks for your patience on this as I see you have offered numerous explanations which I have followed to no avail.

wmp can be configured to default to “show subtitles” - check that you have not done that. So can Windvd & possibly powerdvd. So the problem is mostly likely with your other software settings.
I used to think there was a bug in DVDfab but other folks + more testing has convinced me otherwise.
try a different player such as VLC player & see what that does.
In my case I’d set subtitles on in my standalone DVd player - when I found & changed that setting everyting was OK.

In addition to cybmole’s suggestions, make sure that Closed Captions are turned off on your player and TV. Some DVDs are authored to to output closed captions on line 21 of the NTSC video. If the source of what you are seeing is subtitles, they will usually be white or colored text over the video; closed captions are usually displayed as white text in a black box.
The subpicture “Default Arrow” is easy to miss if the highlight bar is over the selection area.

[quote=MRB64;2043632]Hi Guys,

I am also having the same problem with the optional language subtitles being shown by default on playback no matter what I do, I have read through every reference on this site and tried every option but so far I have had no luck. I have tried over 30 different DVD’s and the result is always the same, if I want subtitles then they are on as default no matter what I do. I am using DVDFab Platinum 4.1.2.0 and copying to my hard drive for playback using Cyberlink Power DVD Ultra ver. 7.3 or Windows Media Player. I have no intention of burning them to DVD I just want playback via my NAS Drive on my Plasma. I would do with out the subtitles but for the fact that I have a friend who is partially deaf and it would be great for him, I know that I can switch them off in the “players” software but how can I turn them off by default, thanks for your patience on this as I see you have offered numerous explanations which I have followed to no avail.[/quote]