Movie making programs

vbimport

Help! I need a quality program product that I can get professional movie making/editing results. Professional results - television quality. I currently use Microsoft Movie Maker. I have tried Nero 8, with limited results.

The productions I do are for television and currently air. Microsoft Movie Maker is user friendly, yet elementary results achieved.

Any suggestions to products that are user friendly, plenty of atributable effects…???

Kim:sad::sad:

Have you tried Intervideo Win DVD Creator. It has title screens with a variety of effects, scrolling, popping up and the like, either on a plain background or as overlays. There are loads of transition effects. It will take video clips and stills and can add sound and capture voice over. You can add opening menu screens and add chapter marks for navigation. it will also create and burn the video stream.

It came included with my Toshiba notebook and also with the dvd burner I built into my wife’s computer. I have no idea how much it costs but should be worth a try. (There is always the Adobe program for this, but that will cost several arms and legs.)

Hi Mindy, and welcome to our site…

If you need professional TV quality output, you should be looking at programs like Adobe Premiere, Vegas Professional (not Vegas Movie Studio), Pinnacle Liquid Edition, Canopus Edius, or there are one or two others… You can get some good information at Creative Cow, www.videohelp.com, and www.videoguys.com. I suggest the you try the trial softwares for most of these softwares, as they are not very easy to learn, but once you learn them, they are very powerful. Each one has it’s pro’s and con’s, and the only way you can find the right one, is to check out the trials, do a bunch of online tutorials, and read the forums and see what people like and dislike about each of these.

Professional video editing software requires a fairly powerful pc (doesn’t have to be the latest and greatest though), and the requirements vary from software to software. The biggest thing that all of them recommend is that you have two individual HD’s (not partitions), and that you use one for software, and the other for your data (video/audio). This pretty much ensures that you video and audio will remain in sync, and makes for faster processing and encoding of your video.

If you don´t know much, and are expecting to do stuff for hi-end use such as TV, then I suggest you stick with professional software because, as Harley said, you will find good online video tutorials to help, plus plenty of pros who will help you sort out problems. The rest may work just fine but not many people will be available to help if you run into problems.

There are really just two to choose from:
[B]Adobe Premiere[/B] if you are using a PC, or [B]Final Cut[/B] if you are using a Mac. If the company is paying then get the full professional version, but if you have to pay then get Adobe Premiere Elements (about $90) or Final Cut Express (about $200)

Read more about this here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_editing_software