Movie looks like squeezed

Im trying too rip to psp format my star wars collection. i’m using the 3.30Firmware option of encode. They rip perfect in a some way, but it don’t look well in terms of the size. Is do not appears widescreen (no black bars and looks squeezed) and the original dvd is. An i can’t use the resize option : wide or letter because is disabled.

The rest is perfect, plays smooth.

What frame resolution were you using? You are using the correct profile and should be using 480x272 frame resolution.

where do i see the frame resolution?

about the resolution i used 480x272 and profile psp.h264.firmware3.30+

edit.

it’s seems that the problem is only with the star wars movies.

The Star Wars dvd says Anamorphic Widescreen (aspect ratio 2.35:1). which options should i use?

So this movie is letterbox huh, look in the far right column I think that is the aspect ratio and there may be one that more closely matches 2.35 to 1, 480x272 is like 1.76 to 1 and that would no doubt look squeezed up.

[QUOTE=90312;2124102]So this movie is letterbox huh, look in the far right column I think that is the aspect ratio and there may be one that more closely matches 2.35 to 1, 480x272 is like 1.76 to 1 and that would no doubt look squeezed up.[/QUOTE]

I think that’s the problem because the other movies are in the same aspect range but not these star wars one. I’ll try again with them and tell you asap.

Your info helped, that worked like a charm. The movie now plays properly wide screen formatted.

lizardo_manson, nice work tracking it down. Glad it’s working for you.