Movie Jack 3 prob

I uninstalled MovieJack 3.08.006 and experienced problems with my CD drives. The computer will read the disks that are in the drives when its turned on but as soon as I replace the CD I get a error message:

‘Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows’.

I then reinstalled moviejack but the problem still remains.

Im not sure but I think its got something to do with the virtual drives that moviejack uses.

Im using a Pentium 1.8ghz with 128mb with xp.

If anyone could help or give advise you would make my month, cheers.

P.S Im not computer wizard

Originally posted by wavey
[B]I uninstalled MovieJack 3.08.006 and experienced problems with my CD drives. The computer will read the disks that are in the drives when its turned on but as soon as I replace the CD I get a error message:

‘Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows’.

I then reinstalled moviejack but the problem still remains.

Im not sure but I think its got something to do with the virtual drives that moviejack uses.

Im using a Pentium 1.8ghz with 128mb with xp.

If anyone could help or give advise you would make my month, cheers.

P.S Im not computer wizard [/B]

You could try the roll back feature of XP. It’s a god send. take it back to the day before you installed moviejack.

you’ll find it in accessories/system tools/system restore

just follow the prompts.

If that doesn’t work, you could try uninstalling your cd drives and let xp reinstall them again. Moviejack may have corrupted the drivers for your cd drives.