Movie DVD Maker - Can't load files

vbimport

I’ve been using Movie DVD Maker for about four years and have never had any problems. I used it yesterday morning and burned a DVD without any problems. This morning, I tried to load a movie file and it would not load. I tried several movie files on my hard drive and none of them would load. These were .avi, .mp4, and .mkv. I know that these usually load as I had already burned some of these files to DVD.

I wanted to ask if this could be a Windows 10 issue? I do have the watermark to activate Windows 10. From what I understand, Windows 10 should continue to work. if I want to activate it, I need to go to the Microsoft store and buy it.

This is the only thing I can think of that would be causing the problem. I would appreciate any input, even if it means upgrading to the new DVD Creator ;):).

[QUOTE=pahender;2778867]I’ve been using Movie DVD Maker for about four years and have never had any problems. I used it yesterday morning and burned a DVD without any problems. This morning, I tried to load a movie file and it would not load. I tried several movie files on my hard drive and none of them would load. These were .avi, .mp4, and .mkv. I know that these usually load as I had already burned some of these files to DVD.

I wanted to ask if this could be a Windows 10 issue? I do have the watermark to activate Windows 10. From what I understand, Windows 10 should continue to work. if I want to activate it, I need to go to the Microsoft store and buy it.

This is the only thing I can think of that would be causing the problem. I would appreciate any input, even if it means upgrading to the new DVD Creator ;):).[/QUOTE]

Dear user, thank you for using Sothink products, SothinkMedia Software has redesigned, restructured and rereleased its entire product line.
Do you still use the old HD Movie Maker? If yes, you are highly recommended to update to the new products.
In this page, you can find more info. http://www.sothinkmedia.com/olduser.htm :smiley:

I have downloaded a trial of your DVD Creator. I have to be honest. I don’t like it at all. I LOVED the DVD Maker! I could change the title from “My DVD” to the name of the movie or whatever I wanted it to say. I loved being able to edit part of the video if I wanted it to start, say, 5 minutes later, or end 5 minutes before the actual end of the file. I also preferred the menu templates over these “updated” ones. Such a shame! I wish I could get another copy (I have my original product key) of DVD Maker!

I have just downloaded the Free Trial Version of Sothink Media Toolkit and selected the one I’m interested in - the DVD Creator. Back on Windows 7, I successfully used the free Windows DVD Maker to make DVDs; unfortunately I’m now on Windows 10 & that program is no longer available. So I downloaded the Sothink free DVD Maker. It was terrible; couldn’t modify the menu screen at all. So I said I’d try the trial version of DVD Creator and maybe buy it if I liked it. Either I’m missing something or this is the worst software package I’ve ever fooled with. It lets you think you can modify the menu screen but you really cannot! It will NOT allow your entered title to replace “My DVD!” Then its window starts jumping all over my screen when I move my cursor and then a few minutes later it just crashed. Does Sothink think that I would actually pay $57 for something this horrible? Am I missing something? The application doesn’t even have any HELP that I can find!!

Hi Nashvillekit;

You are correct. I think a Chinese company bought SoThink and substituted their version of a DVD Creator. There are three other companies that also have this same or similar software and they all are terrible! These companies have different names and different software names, and all are from China.

So, after trying several DVD maker or creator type software programs and not finding anything that worked or that I liked, I finally found an old version of the SoThink Movie DVD Maker on TwoCows.com. It is the 3.7 version (the one before the final version of this software BEFORE the new replacement DVD Creator came out).

It is a zip file and is free. I’ve been using it on Windows 10 for almost three months now, and it has been fine. So, go to TwoCows.com and get the free version of the previous SoThink Movie DVD Maker. Good luck!