Movie Data VS Download Data

When using DVDnextCopy I look at the disk drive and see a movie has around 5.5 gigs on it but when I Download it to my PC (this is a back-up) the DVDnextCopy says in it’s program screen that it’s only around 2.5 gigs?? Why is this??

[QUOTE=hayevery1;2283375]When using DVDnextCopy I look at the disk drive and see a movie has around 5.5 gigs on it but when I Download it to my PC (this is a back-up) the DVDnextCopy says in it’s program screen that it’s only around 2.5 gigs?? Why is this??[/QUOTE]
Well for starter’s DVDnextCopy compresses the DVD so it fits onto a single layer DVD. Now if you are just copying Movie only then the File would be smaller on the HDD like a 2.5gb size. But most when doing a Full Disc backup will be about 4.3 to 4.7gb in size

But Im putting the movie as a ISO file and checking the dual layer box. And even with the third party machinst.dll it still won’t play the movies in anything. Never had this problem before. Of course I havent used this in quite sometime too.

I just thought a iso is a uncompressed file when copying everthing from the original dvd it would have the same amount of data. Am I wrong about this??

[QUOTE=hayevery1;2284443]But Im putting the movie as a ISO file and checking the dual layer box. And even with the third party machinst.dll it still won’t play the movies in anything. Never had this problem before. Of course I havent used this in quite sometime too.

I just thought a iso is a uncompressed file when copying everthing from the original dvd it would have the same amount of data. Am I wrong about this??[/QUOTE]
Ok so this is a trouble post that you need help with. Can you give more info on exactly what you are doing so can help you with this issue. Which DVDnext Copy program are you using? As Ultimate has 2 places to check for Double layer DVD. Are you mounting the ISO onto a Virtual Drive before you play it back on computer?
Same thing if you burn the ISO to a blank DVD as it needs to be mounted onto a virtual drive. Another thing not all DVDs are double layer as most are single layer and are you doing full disc or movie only?
ISO is just a image of the DVD and can still be compressed to fit a single layer DVD.

No problem, Sorry I didn’t give you more information.

I’m using DVD next Copy version 2.9.9.8 the newest one.

My computer has (2) dual layer DVD burners installed in it.

I am running windows xp service pack 3.

I did download the machinst program and installed it.

I did then download the zip file and put the .dll into the DVDnextCopy folder C:\Program Files\DVDnextCOPY2.

I do remember a long time ago since I havent back-up in such a long time that I was supposed to goto the Target size on the New Project and set it to Dual Layer, quality usually default, and had the box checked that had the wording "Save copy as a ISO Image File, it would then analyze my movie. Up come the screen where there is about 5.5 gigs of info.

Now when the movie is in the temp file and I look at Projects and click on it, the movie is there, click on it and the screen comes up with the selected recorder which either one will work as long as it sees the dual layer disk in it.

options are checked

1. eject disc after burn complete.
  2. Use burnproof

The checked “Create ISO DVD” is grayed out to tell me that it is indeed a ISO file.

Click on burn and it Burns the movie (or it is supposed to) then I checked it with my DVD dual layer player in my comp and nothing but a greeen screen but the disc has 2.8 gigs on it.

I am using DVD +R Dual layer Discs.

So when I try it in any other dvd player it says incorrect disc… so far I had to throw away 3 discs and I have no clue why this is doing this. Could it be the SP3 and not being in SP2 from Windows?? Or should I try and burn it regular without the ISO checked??

I know that they had some serious issuses with DVD43 a long time ago but if machinist .dll is having a problem I might have to resort back to that program and hope it works. I hope this helps you out

PS: Im running windows XP SP3

I forgot to ask you is there any way to get the movies uncompressed. And in fact get what is on the dvd and not have it compressed???

I don’t have DVD next Copy but I read a recent topic & the machinist is for decrypting & mostly for CSS.So it shouldn’t be what is causing the size difference.
Other than that look the settings over & make sure everything that tells DVD next Copy to do DL is checked.
That could be a setting for a choice between DVD-5 & DVD-9.
This is a guess could this movies size be split in two ratios & you are only getting one of them? I ask because you are getting so close to Half the GB on the original disc.So maybe some setting for getting both ratios 16:9 & 4:3

Also as mention by cholla you need to go into the settings and enable DL mode as it is set a SL mode by default. This I bet is your issue.

Ok so it sounds like DL is set but the thing is you should be mounting it onto a Virtual Drive when you burn the iso to a blank DVD as it helps the burn. I am trying this now to see if I have the same problem and will post back my results later

Ok I had No issue with it as it shows the same size as the original DVD. I clicked new made sure DL was checked and choose the iso option then started it.
When it was done I clicked projects at top and chose to burn it and it showed no problems.
I used a verbatim 2.4x DL DVD so what I am thinking is maybe your install of the new version is corrupt and you need to do a clean install of DNC. So can you try the clean install that is listed in post #3 of this link

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f144/dvd-next-copy-version-2-update-272884/

Also knowing what DVDs are giving you this issue can help narrow down the problem too